Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Personal Statement DID NOT TRANSMIT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by synite, Aug 29, 2001.

1. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hi, i got an email from Cornell adcomm yesterday:

"Greetings!
    We started trying to evaluate your application to our medical college and
    found that your Personal Statement from the AMCAS application did not download with the rest of the information. Our understanding is that there are technical problems with forms where the applicants either pasted the essay from a Word document or used a Mac to access the application."

:eek: This is kinda worrying, because I would assume that the other schools are having the same transmission problems, and further, that most applicants pasted their essays from Word. Cornell asked me to fax my essays to them. I wonder if the other schools are also having issues.

Anyone else get a similar email??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i didn't get this email, but i did get one from cornell last week stating that my app was complete, and i pasted my personal statement into AMCAS from Word.

i'm not sure why the Word issue would be a problem anyway, because doesn't the app reconfigure your essay into its own configurations when you paste it in? i bet that 99.9% of applicants used Word to write their essays! if i remember correctly, the AMCAS app actually recommended doing this. i'm not sure why using a Mac would matter either, because the internet is the internet, regardless of what you use to access it.

synite, did you get an 'app complete' email in addition to this new one you received?

4. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

this is utterly pathetic. we're no where near even the middle of this mess, and it's only going to get uglier. i think amcas should throw in the towel, forget all about the computer transmissins and concentrate on sending verified paper copies to all the schools.

5. DesperatelySeekingMD

DesperatelySeekingMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

synite, I also got the same email as sandflea confirming my app was complete and they would begin to review it. I also used Word and then pasted into the AMCAS app. Hope that this helpful in some way...sorry about the mess with your application. It sounds like it could also be an AMCAS transmission problem with that part of the application.

6. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey....funny thing is that I got the "App Complete" email from Cornell last week.

and then yesterday i got this email about the missing personal statement. weird huh?