Personal statement submission problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wishing4MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I'm trying to copy my personal statement on the box in the application, but it says I exceeded the 5,300 characters. When I have it on word though, it says I only have 2,560 words. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!
I'm trying to copy my personal statement on the box in the application, but it says I exceeded the 5,300 characters. When I have it on word though, it says I only have 2,560 words. Any advice?

Click the little box at the bottom of the screen in Word that says how many words you have, that will tell you how many characters you have both with spaces and without spaces. You want the count with spaces.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I just saw. Almost 15,000 characters with spaces! Ahahjanddkkdkdkd!!!!!

Can you image 5,300 words. It would be almost 10 pages long :laugh:

Mine was 5 :/. How upsetting! It came out so good! Now I have to cut and edit a bunch of stuff!! ::: cries:::

This thread made me lol. Sorry, OP.

Mine was 5 :/. How upsetting! It came out so good! Now I have to cut and edit a bunch of stuff!! ::: cries:::

Well, at least you have a lot of secondary material now :thumbup:

I'm glad it made some of you laugh lol. I was planning to submit tonight :/. I have no idea how I'm going to take out stuff. Everything seems so important!

I'm glad it made some of you laugh lol. I was planning to submit tonight :/. I have no idea how I'm going to take out stuff. Everything seems so important!

Take out details and keep stuff about what you learned and why something was a valuable experience. Don't explain what you did. Explain what it meant to you.