General Admissions & OTCAS Personal statement troubles.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTledo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've finally finished my personal statement. I think it's really good.
However, it is 1122 words long - and a little less than 2 pages single-spaced. Is this too long? I haven't found anything definitive about length on the OTCAS website or the websites of any of the programs I am applying to. I also emailed a few schools and none of them have gotten back to me :nono:

I'm applying to Pitt, Ohio State, Rush, Chatham, IUPUI, and University of Toledo (but they have their own essay). If anyone has applied to these schools in the past, specifically Pitt or OSU, do you know anything about their length requirement?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh also, I'd gladly take any recommendations on formatting!

That length should be fine for Chatham (current student there)! Mine was about 1200. Did not apply to any of the others, so I cannot speak to those. More than willing to read over your statement/answer any questions, just send me a PM!

Reactions: 1 user
For what it's worth, that's about the same length as mine. I couldn't find limits for any of my programs and it covered what I wanted without seeming to drag on so I went with it. I'm applying this cycle though, so my opinion probably isn't that helpful! :)