Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

in your AACOMAS Personal Statement did you state why you wanted to go to a DO school?

• No.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Yes, but very briefly <less than 9% of the PS>

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Yes, in moderate detail.<about 10%-19% of the PS>

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Yes, in great detail.<more than 20% of the PS>

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

stoleyerscrubz

Registered User and Stuff
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those who have baeen accepted to DO schools:

For your PS in AACOMAS did you write about why you wanted to go to a DO school?

Also:
#2 - if made general comments about the DO philosophy.
#3 or #4 - if you used any specific experiences or anecdotes.

Members don't see this ad.

No, I knocked out a paragraph plus a few words here and there from my AMCAS statement and voila! Almost every secondary asked "Why DO" and if not every interviewer asked so save that essay for later.

thanks. I'm looking to see if this is the general consensus as I read a post of another member making the same comments as yourself. This is just another poll of a stressed-out premed

:)

Nate said:
No, I knocked out a paragraph plus a few words here and there from my AMCAS statement and voila! Almost every secondary asked "Why DO" and if not every interviewer asked so save that essay for later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nate said:

OMG Nate, I did the same thing!

Yeah I would leave the "why you want to be a DO out" if you can.

Let them do some leg work and figure it out. Also during interview, get them to guess.

By the way, not refering to DO school application in your statement, makes it easier to copy paste into AAMCAS application. Imagine how faux pas it would be if you put the world Osteopathic medicine in that application.