personal statment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ema

Biti ili ne biti?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am still working on my personal statment.I have so much to write about. However, I've never had a chance to read a good personal statment sample.I would like to read some so that I can have an idea how they are supposed to look like (I know everybody writes differently but still...).Does anybody know some free source of personal statments?Thanks a lot. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted.com has a few that are pretty decent. I know that some of the orgs like LMSA and AMSA also have packets of them somewhere and you can try asking your local chapter.

Ema said:
Hi all,
I am still working on my personal statment.I have so much to write about. However, I've never had a chance to read a good personal statment sample.I would like to read some so that I can have an idea how they are supposed to look like (I know everybody writes differently but still...).Does anybody know some free source of personal statments?Thanks a lot. :)

Ema said:
Hi all,

ive heard many success stories of people having used this search engine called google...maybe you can try that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, google's cool. However, it's even easier to check out the "Essay Workshop" link on the main SDN page for a discussion of statement approaches and some great examples.

stiffany said:
Yea, google's cool. However, it's even easier to check out the "Essay Workshop" link on the main SDN page for a discussion of statement approaches and some great examples.
there's a whole bunch of books out there

like essays that worked or whatever

Thanks, I found a lot of them by searching online.At first it was hard to find those that were free thats why I posted this. ;)