Personalized MCAT plan? What do you think? Enough Time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walala

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought the entire Berkeley Review Series, Examkrackers Series, and am "taking" a Kaplan course online so I have all of their materials as well. All of these books are overwhelming me and I find myself jumping from one to another without accomplishing anything or making it far in any of them so what I want to do is pick one book, the best for its subject, and stick with only that until I've got my content down. From everyone I've read these seem to be the best for their subject:

Verbal: TPRH Verbal and Examkrackers 1001
Biology: Examkrackers Bio
Gen Chem: TBR
Organic Chem: TBR
Phyiscs: TBR

My point is, I do not want to dip into any of the other books for each subject because it just overwhelms me and I feel like I'll have to do all of them.

Do you think, focusing on these books for each subject will be enough? Obviously along with a plethora of practice tests from AAMC and Kaplan. I plan to take MCAT late April and I am only just officially starting. So three months is all I have to prepare, along with full class load and shadowing and volunteering and the whole shabang. My foundation is weak, so I need to build up.

But to sum up my question: will the content be enough? Examkrackers bio in particular is pretty thin. Is that really sufficient?

Members don't see this ad.

EK Bio is great. Don't be deceived by the thinness of the book. The rest of your review books sound good. 3 months is plenty of time, just structure your time well. If one concept in a review book isn't clear, you can always consult another one. You have a solid arsenal of study materials, and you won't have to go through all of it to get your 45. Practice tests are key. Happy studying!