• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

perspective...

CrazyPeds527

Admitted Scrubs Addict
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
West-ish?
  1. Resident [Any Field]
  2. Attending Physician
I remember reading this just before I matched, and the only thing I could think to myself is that I would try not to ever bitch or complain about q4 call or residency BS...thinking about trying to do all of this with one arm is completely overwhelming.

Props to you, Kellie.

You help keep people dreaming

dragonfly99

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
  1. Attending Physician
this IS inspirational, but having done IM residency I wonder how she can do some of the things she needs to do. For example, you can't really code/resuscitate people with one arm, or run to a code/stat, for example. However she could "run" the code (i.e. give orders). I think for academic IM or peds it would be OK...she would need help with some procedures, etc. but could employ an assistant if she needs one.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.