pertaining to Columbia, UNLV, SUNYSB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vitaminX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I called SUNY Stony Brook, and Columbia U. about the letter of rec situation because all required 3 rec letters from science professor. The representative from Stony Brook told me that their requirement is 3 rec letter from sci prof, and when i asked about substituting the 3rd rec from dentist or a lab, she said the requirement is 3 from sci prof.

Also, for Columbia, the lady wrote the following:

"The lab one can work, but the DDS one will not. You can send it, but it won't
satisfy the requirement."

So what's the point of saying the lab will work if it DOESN'T satisfy the requirement? The statement itself is a contradiction, no? or am I smoking crack?!?

Has anyone have any experience with either of scenario? if so, please respond, I would really appreciate it!

Lastly, on the AADSAS it states that the supplemental application for UNLV should be submitted the same time you send out AADSAS application. However, on UNLV's webpage, it states under the supplemental application

"Upon receipt of AADSAS application, applicant will be sent a supplemental application ...."

Have any of you applied to UNLV? if so, what did you do?

Thanks!

Sef

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by vitaminX
"The lab one can work, but the DDS one will not. You can send it, but it won't
satisfy the requirement."

the way i read it seems to be that they're saying you could send the lor from the DDS in but it won't satisfy the requirement...but the lab one is okay as a substitute....anyone else read it this way?..
-Cusp

btw...are you related to chemical X...maker of the powerpuff girls?...:D ..hehehehe..j/k! :p

UNLV's supplemental application in ON THEIR WEBSITE!

vita~
i can only speak for columbia, I had the same problem with them when I applied... lab meaning research lab I hope... yes they count that as a science class... but if you have a "complie" letter...like if your shcool takes all your letters then sends it out for you, that will fullfill all letter of rec requirement (I think) at least when I called them and I only had one lab and one prof they said it's ok since I had a comiple letter...and I got in and they haven't taken away my acceptance (yet...). just pray you get a nice interviewer when the time comes =)
Star =)