Petition to increase residency spots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpurah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why would I do that? The country is in debt and there is still a lot more residency spots relative to the number of people graduating from med school.

Why would I do that? The country is in debt and there is still a lot more residency spots relative to the number of people graduating from med school.

I second this--there are plenty of spots relative to the people graduating. There's not a good reason to increase their numbers. If I were to advocate for anything, it would be for osteopathic residency positions to open themselves up to other applicants. Many of them go unfilled each year.

Valid point. This seems futile because of the need for more federal funding. This petition aims to help US Citizen IMG's who remain unmatched, and unfortunate as they may be, I am not sure that the government would have enough sympathy for them to override these concerns.