PF Dex on Backorder - Suppliers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NOSfan

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a supplier with available PF Dex?

Members don't see this ad.

yikes. im out here too. betamethasone i guess...not really happy about it though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Discuss risk and benefits of particulates and options are take risk or dont do epidurals.

Very low risk.
Potential catastrophe.

I have months of dex in cabinet. But if i had none, i would leave it up to patient.

What is the current consensus on using dexamethasone WITH preservatives?

All the other steroids you use have preservatives so I wouldn't worry about it unless, like Steve said, you go IT which I don't do ;)

Mckesson --- we just got 10 boxes in yesterday. But the price increased dramatically. Gotta love these planned drug shortages.

Mckesson --- we just got 10 boxes in yesterday. But the price increased dramatically. Gotta love these planned drug shortages.
Just placed an order today for local and steroids. After seeing the price jumps my nurse commented that I will need to raise my charges to make up for it. Out of politeness, I didn't start laughing.

Just placed an order today for local and steroids. After seeing the price jumps my nurse commented that I will need to raise my charges to make up for it. Out of politeness, I didn't start laughing.
We currently get meds through Henry Schein. How bad are we talking, if you don’t mind my asking? I’ve just been using dex with preservative.

We currently get meds through Henry Schein. How bad are we talking, if you don’t mind my asking? I’ve just been using dex with preservative.

Local anesthetics 40-50% increase in cost, had to order from Clint. Can't find Marcaine 0.25% in stock.
SDV dex went from <$30 to $158.
Depo from ~$200 for name brand to $358 for generic

I can't get bup 0.25% either. So basically where I would use 0.25% bup and Dex, I'm now using 0.5% Ropi, diluting with sterile saline, and adding Betamethasone. Ridiculous.

On the other hand, I did get some dex in yesterday (with preservative).