• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Position Wanted PGY-1 any field, anywhere

Doctorjpc

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2018
    Same. Or PGY2 I’ve done one year of IM, taken Step 3. Graduated from Caribbean school so can’t get a license. (I’ve look at MO, FL etc ‘mid level ‘ types license house physician assistant physician etc and have not found any opportunities in such. Please message me.

About the Ads

Splenda88

2+ Year Member
  • Jan 22, 2019
    1. Attending Physician
      Same. Or PGY2 I’ve done one year of IM, taken Step 3. Graduated from Caribbean school so can’t get a license. (I’ve look at MO, FL etc ‘mid level ‘ types license house physician assistant physician etc and have not found any opportunities in such. Please message me.
      Get a license in Puerto Rico (PR) and start working for the Indian Health Service (IHS). The IHS is a branch of the fed so you need a license from any state to work for them. They hire GP.

By the way, you only need 1 year of postgrad training to get an PR unrestricted physician license whether or not you are FMG/IMG or AMG.

Splenda88

2+ Year Member
    • Jan 22, 2019
      1. Attending Physician
        Ive looked into both of these. IHS says you need a full unrestricted license, and puertorico there are not any medical licensing services that work with them.
        I know multiple people doing that right now, and one of them is a good friend of mine...

You need a license from ANY state to work for IHS.

My friend only has a PR license because he was an IMG and did a prelim year only and could not get a license anywhere except PR.

PM me if you want to know more.

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.