PGY-1 Preliminary or Internal Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artvanda1ay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a preliminary year position in either Internal Medicine or Surgery, or a categorical Internal Medicine position. I have a 254/99 step 1, 251/99 step 2CK, Pass for CS.

Members don't see this ad.

with these scores there's no hope for the rest of us

I am looking for a preliminary year position in either Internal Medicine or Surgery, or a categorical Internal Medicine position. I have a 254/99 step 1, 251/99 step 2CK, Pass for CS.

Yeah, with scores like that and difficulty getting a position either (1) Yer lying about your scores or (2) You graduated in 1980 with nothing to show for your time off. ;) lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally agree with the above ppl .....with such score we don't stand any chance :(((

I graduate this month and those are definitely my scores. Just coming from a Caribbean school and went for a really comp. specialty in the match and didnt land a position

You mean to say that you didn't graduate in 1980? Ha ha ha. lol Anyways, if your scores are legit and you have decent bedside manners I can't imagine you having a big problem landing a position in IM (Preliminary or Otherwise). I would check out the post from last week which really summed up your outside of the match options (interestingly and as a fyi, there hasn't been many pgy-1 openings posted on findaresiden.com in recent days - which leaves me wondering why in you didn't scramble into a position back in March when there were tons of pgy-1's available...):

This is the Post You'll Want From Last Week:

Other tips on finding out of match residency spot

Live Long and Prosper!

I totally agree with the above ppl .....with such score we don't stand any chance :(((

What's with your freak-out comment? Some people are better test takers than others. So be it. Your step scores are locked in forever so get over it. Focus on what you can change, improve, or highlight in your application and let the chips fall where they may.