PGY-1 residencies in community health clinics, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michaelhardy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize that I'm still pretty young for this (just a P3), but I have a passion for working with indigenous populations at community health clinics, etc. and I'm looking for residencies that cater to that need. Specifically, I would like to perform diabetes management, chronic care management and so far. I did a rotation on an IHS site and I loved it and I also speak Spanish. Does anyone know of any residency that would be a good choice for me and I would really appreciate any help or feedback on this matter! I already found one (http://accred.ashp.org/aps/pages/directory/residencyProgramInformation.aspx?ID=19620), but always searching for more to increase my matching possibility!

Members don't see this ad.

Look at Ohio State College of Pharmacy. Also Mission Hospital in Asheville, NC has an excellent program for what you want. Both are extremely competitive. Also look for VA programs. I'm at a VA and will most likely be doing 5 months of outpatient clinics (unless I change my mind and want to do more inpatient rotations).

The program you posted just seems way too narrow in scope of practice for a residency IMO. I know of someone that did one of the other Campbell residencies though and he liked it well enough and ended up at Johns Hopkins for PGY2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for the help so far!