PGY-2 in Canada looking to take USMLE 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaffeineMutant

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up guys. (Didn't know where to post this, as I'm resident I guess this is a resident issue rather than a USMLE issue)

Looking to take the USMLE step 1, for the eventuality of getting a fellowship in the U.S or working in the US. I already wrote the USMLE step 2 as a prep for our exam back in medical school.

Now I'm looking to write the step 1. Currently PGY-2 in IM. I Just need to pass this exam. How much time should I study? First Aid + qbanks only was my approach.

Suggestions?

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

What's up guys. (Didn't know where to post this, as I'm resident I guess this is a resident issue rather than a USMLE issue)

Looking to take the USMLE step 1, for the eventuality of getting a fellowship in the U.S or working in the US. I already wrote the USMLE step 2 as a prep for our exam back in medical school.

Now I'm looking to write the step 1. Currently PGY-2 in IM. I Just need to pass this exam. How much time should I study? First Aid + qbanks only was my approach.

Suggestions?

Cheers.
If all you need is a pass, then FA + UWorld is more than enough. I'm sure there are different ways to approach this, but if I were you, I would just read through FA as quickly as I could to give myself a general sense of what will be on the exam, then I'd focus on answering a bunch of UWorld questions. Just keep doing questions, questions, questions. Read the right and wrong answers. Maybe test yourself with an NBME every once in a while. If you give yourself 2-3 weeks to do this (or whatever that works out to be given your busy schedule as a resident), you probably won't get a high score, but you should pass. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user