PGY-2 Pediatric position in Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdawgflow

Christ follower
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are looking to fill a PGY-2 Pediatric position in Macon, GA as we lost one of our interns this year to an accident during the holidays. If anyone is interested, please reply here, PM me, or email [email protected] (our Residency Coordinator)

Members don't see this ad.

Some program highlights include:

3 weeks vacation each year
1 week CME vacation each year
1 week of holiday vacation each year

2 full weekends off per month
Fully paid health and dental for resident and all dependents
Fully paid life, disability, and liability insurance
Very competitive salary with low cost of living
$1,500 CME allowance for each year
Paid AAP membership

Meal allowance (bi-weekly) and free food in resident lounge
Individual call rooms with bed, computer, and tv
Free parking with hospital and clinic 1 block apart

Free PREP for all residents each year
Weekly dedicated board review time (wednesday 11:00-1:30)
Regular noon conferences M/Tu/Th/F (weekly review, journal club, grand rounds, subspecialty, etc)
Sim Lab for PALS training with PICU attendings (at least monthly; also random mock codes)

Small program with 6 residents per year
Very close knit group of residents and attendings
Teaching hospital and regular interaction with medical students

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My name is Jessica Hutchins and I am one of the peds residents at this program in Macon. I was a medical student at this program and choose to stay for residency. Although Macon isn't a huge town, we get A LOT of different patients in our hospital. We are the ONLY children's hospital South of Atlanta- so we get patients all the way from Valdosta, Ga (south GA). Our attendings are great and love to teach us! We have most of the subspecialities and are actively recruiting to fill the ones we do not have. There are research opportunities if you are looking into doing a fellowship. Currently, our 3rd year class has 2 going into fellowship- PICU and nephro. Our attendings are easy to get along with and very approachable. Our acting Chair is also the president of the Macon Jazz Association, so we are always going to watch him play gigs. We have welcome parties every year when residency starts. We started doing a resident retreat in the beginning of the year, so we can all get to know one another outside of work. We are a pretty close knit group. We have a good variety of married and single residents. Macon actually has some fun things to do and its still very close to other fun cities in GA. (Atlanta is about 1.5 hrs away, Savannah about 2 hrs away) Cost of living is pretty good and we have great pay- upper 40's! Our hospital has other residents too- surgery, OB, IM, FP.

Please message me or email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions.

We are looking for a second year peds resident who is a hard worker and will enjoy being in a small program.

Jessica Hutchins

This position has now been filled. Thank you to everyone who inquired about this position and good luck in your future endeavors.