PGY-2 position need it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bakri

Reaction score
I just completed my first year in internal medicine 06/30/2018 preliminary
looking for second-year position
or even first year

Members don't see this ad.

or even first year

Okay ... not gonna find it here ... did you apply for positions via ERAS or talk to your PD

Reactions: 1 user
Okay ... not gonna find it here ... did you apply for positions via ERAS or talk to your PD
ERAS for PGY-2??? my PD knowns and we are both on the hunt
where is the availability as this is July
a lot of things can happen
he actually will call once we find where is the position here just I am expanding my

Members don't see this ad :)
or even first year
little late in the game to be looking for a PGY2 spot for 2018-2019...

you may want to cold call places or have friends that you know at other programs look to see if there is an unexpected opening...otherwise you should start gearing up for another ERAS season for a pgy1 spot...why did you only do a prelim IM spot? were you unmatched for an advanced program?

little late in the game to be looking for a PGY2 spot for 2018-2019...

you may want to cold call places or have friends that you know at other programs look to see if there is an unexpected opening...otherwise, you should start gearing up for another ERAS season for a pgy1 spot...why did you only do a prelim IM spot? were you unmatched for an advanced program?
will be looking for all possibilities thanks for taking time to comment
I already started for the next year as PGY-1 again just keeping all options on the table friends has been notified overhead LOL
at least this one year experiance will help to go to even better programs than what i expected

You should have started this search in March. Holes are filled by now but you could get lucky. There is a subforum here that you can advertise on and draft a generic email and start mass emailing the PDs of every program you would be willing to go to.

Are you unemployed right now? A lapse in clinical care will be a huge turnoff

Have you asked attendings to write the letter of reference yet? Generally you need 3-4 LORs (one from PD)