PGY 2 position opening up

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by Dr.Evil1, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Dr.Evil1

Dr.Evil1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Ok it is all cleared with my program director. We have a PGY 2 spot opening in July at Detroit Receiving Hospital due to the departure of one of our current residents to another area of medicine. Here is who he is looking for:

From Robert Wahl:
    I will begin to look at qualified candidates; specifically, anyone who has already successfully completed one year in an approved allopathic emergency medicine residency program. If you would like to forward me information from qualified candidates, I will review and make contacts.

If you are interested then you can PM me and I will forward your info, or more directly you can email my PD, Robert Wahl, at [email protected]

Our programs website is as follows: http://www.med.wayne.edu/em/

Thanks for looking and good luck

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr.Evil1

Dr.Evil1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Just bumping this thread now that I cleared it all with my PD. Keep an eye out on the SAEM website too, I have heard rumors that there may be a PGY1 spot opening up somewhere in Michigan. I will post if I hear more.

4. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    We (Yale) also have a PGY-2 spot opening up. One of our interns is moving back home to be with family.

It's posted on the SAEM website already.

5. spyderdoc

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This is an unfortunate one. I heard (from a UCD EM program graduate) that one of the incoming EM interns at UC Davis was killed in a plane crash last weekend (small private plane)...

6. Dr. Will

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    OMG...this is terrible.

7. lucky_deadman

lucky_deadman Working Class Hero
    5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah she was a terrific person and our specialty has lost a great asset. I didn't want to say anything till it was brought up by others. She was a great and nice person and will truly be missed.

8. spyderdoc

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I didn't know her at all, but my friend did and thought that she was a great person. Very sad indeed.

9. Dr.Evil1

Dr.Evil1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Sorry to hear about the death, that is truly unfortunate.

I have heard through the grapevine that Beaumont in Oakland county MI was given the OK to expand from 10 residents per class to 12 residents per class. Rumor is they have 2 spots that were added after the match and may be available. I would suggest doing some research on this. Their program directors name is Frank McGeorge. A website that you may want to check out is http://www.beaumonthospitals.com/pls/portal30/site.web_pkg.page?xpageid=gme_res_ec

10. somedude98317

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Wow that is really sad indeed....wow...my thoughts and prayers will be with that family....

I was wondering how does one even go about inquiring about the possibility of this openning after all that? Do you guys think the program will open up that spot? Also how do people go about in transferring after being committed to the hospital/program via the match? For example if you matched in the east coast as a PGY-1 and was hoping to come back to the west coast...how do you go about in trying to transfer for July of 2007?

Just wondering...