Position Wanted PGY1 or 2 anywhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorjpc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have done one year of internal medicine, completed step 3, am an IMG so cannot get a state license. Open to medicine, surgery, psych, Neuro, radiology etc. thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

Was it a transitional year or did you leave a program?

Hi Doc no categorical initially wanted to do oncology didn't think from primary care program would be able to get into one fellowship, wanted to change IM programs, created bad blood and ive bee SOL ever since, :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@AbruptioPlacentae

You should be ok for midtiers... Chances are low for top programs coming form a midtier school, no AOA etc... You can always apply but should not count on them.
Was it a transitional year or did you leave a program?
Hi Doc no categorical initially wanted to do oncology didn't think from primary care program would be able to get into one fellowship, wanted to change IM programs, created bad blood and ive bee SOL ever since, :(

I feel you. I'm sorry for your loss. He won't help you. You need to find letters and update your clinical experiences in any legal way possible. I recommend volunteer clinics that provide healthcare to low income people.

I feel you. I'm sorry for your loss. He won't help you. You need to find letters and update your clinical experiences in any legal way possible. I recommend volunteer clinics that provide healthcare to low income people.
Why am I being being quoted here?

Have done one year of internal medicine, completed step 3, am an IMG so cannot get a state license. Open to medicine, surgery, psych, Neuro, radiology etc. thank you,
Get a license in Puerto Rico and work for Indian Health Service.

“He won’t help you”? You ok?

Getting that Puerto Rico license is the challenge I do not know anyone there. Online it’s not possible, my Spanish is good but not fluent. You have to know someone from what I’ve heard. I’ve been trying to get say Air Force or some locums or even local to pier to Rico hospital or practice contact / jobs / apps for jobs and it’s like the place doesn’t exposer. Has no jobs, and no liget way to obtain a medical license regardless of yes I would qualify for there. Any ideas on how to over come this would be critical as many jobs will accept ‘ any state license, problem is, that’s the only one I can get... but can’t,

There are licensing online services that can help you.

I’d be happy to learn more please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Get a license in Puerto Rico and work for Indian Health Service.
There are licensing online services that can help you.

And have you read that post. They also do not handle it and state it’s pretty much impossible.