pgy2 openings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JACO22

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was only granted a pgy-1 internship in prelim medicine through military match. I'm looking to continue in internal medicine next year, but I need to find a pgy2 opening for next year and hope the air force allows me to continue my residency there. If anyone finds out about an opening in a program, please let me know.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There is a pgy2 spot open at York Hospital in Pennsylvania. Forgot where I read about it, but I read it pretty recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
Click on

http://apdim.med.edu/

Go to resources (on the left side menu), job bank, then click on Trainee to see about 10 available PGY-II's in Internal Medicine.

You can contact the office of Dr. Gary Foster to see if they are willing to accept you for a PGY-2 position in Dallas. A military background is definitely a plus for us.

You could also look at Dallas St. Paul Hospital which is now affiliated with UTSouthwestern although I would advise you to get accepted through Southwestern and not through St. Paul. St. Paul chairman is a real prick who always manages to convince at least a couple of PGY-1's that their life goals no longer lie with IM.

just wondering if anyone knows of any new pgy2 medicine openings, besides what's on find-a-resident and APDIM

Thanks,
Jacob