Position Wanted PGy2 positions in west coast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HIT404

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I matched into a categorical program in Ny and I needed to move to west coast to be near my newborn. upon contacting nearby programs the offered me to repeat PG1 and I accepted that. However ECFMG is not letting me repeat another pg1 given I have already got credits for that ear. Now I have no option to continue m training unless I have a PG2 position in west coast (Arizona, New Mexico, utah, California). An advice or help highly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I matched into a categorical program in Ny and I needed to move to west coast to be near my newborn. upon contacting nearby programs the offered me to repeat PG1 and I accepted that. However ECFMG is not letting me repeat another pg1 given I have already got credits for that ear. Now I have no option to continue m training unless I have a PG2 position in west coast (Arizona, New Mexico, utah, California). An advice or help highly appreciated!
Hi, if I see any pgy2 positions pop up I’ll let u know. Maybe a short fellowship or paid research opportunity might be an option for you in the mean time?Can you share which program offered a pgy1 position?

Reactions: 1 user
Have to go on residencyswap, thats where most of the vacancies will be listed. I had similar situation except I had done a pre lim IM and got a pgy2/3 categorical position.

Reactions: 1 user