Quantcast

PGY2 VSP pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question... In order to qualify for the increase in VSP as a PGY2 in the Army do you need a permanent license or is it automatic, because someone mentioned to me that it's not automatic and I'd have to get my unrestricted license to get the increase.

Thanks

denali

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's NOT contingent on getting your license, just successfully completing your PGY-1 year. You have until the end of your PGY-2 year to get your license.

UltimateDO

Goin' ho ain't easy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's NOT contingent on getting your license, just successfully completing your PGY-1 year. You have until the end of your PGY-2 year to get your license.

Above is correct, ABSOLUTELY make sure you have your license by the end of PGY-2 (ie start the application during the winter of PGY-2) Several people in my residency were either held back or GMOed since they did not get their license in time, this and the passing your PT test by the end of internship rule are being firmly enforced these days.