DiveMD

Giggity giggity!!!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I was “counseled” yesterday by some HM3 during my yearly PHA. What’s up with that? I was expecting at least nurse practitioner. Is this the way we care for the world's finest warriors? HM3's? :scared: Please opine…

backrow

60% of the time it works everytime
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I had a fat nurse tell me that I was not in the best of health because I was not getting enough servings of vegetables each day. I needed seven and my two were just not enough. My other favorite quote from the day was telling me that my sleep habits were not healthy and I needed at least 8 hours of sleep each day, and how dare I stay up all night some nights.

Gotta love it. Rumor has it that this was instituted after there were a couple deaths just after/during a PRT in the past few years. I have no way of substantiating that information though.

Galo

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
a buddy of mine almost got sent to alcohol counseling because he made the mistake to say he drinks a beer when he gets home. I think he was at least told by a nurse.

About the Ads

USAFdoc

exUSAFdoc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 21, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I was “counseled” yesterday by some HM3 during my yearly PHA. What’s up with that? I was expecting at least nurse practitioner. Is this the way we care for the world's finest warriors? HM3's? :scared: Please opine…

in my experience, PHA were the most "pencil-whipped" item I had ever seen.
We had 18 yo techs going over these medical records, missing all kinds of info. It was also a far too common situation for me to be seeing a soldier for his retirement physical...........find his BP to be 190/99..............review his chart (retirement physicals were one of the few times you would regularly have a chart for an appt)................and see that he has had hypertension for nearly his entire career....and NEVER treated.......22 yrs of HTN and never treated..........PHAs on a regular basis, and never treated.

Happy retirement soldier (sorry to say your life expectancy may be a little shorter that you might expect :( :mad: :( :mad: )

backrow

60% of the time it works everytime
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Oh almost forgot, but USAFDoc reminded me of it

They do miss stuff, I'm pretty sure that as a 28 year old I am more than due for a lipid panel because I've never had one. Did the nurse send me for one at my "Preventative Health Appt" nope, but I sure did need to get another HIV test done. Whew, glad we got that one.:cool:

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home again
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Yeah, they're unqualified cogs in a rusty, poorly designed machine. My PHA a couple months ago was true comedy of errors, inefficiency, incompetence, and gundecking. It's a good thing there's nothing wrong with my health.

DiveMD

Giggity giggity!!!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I was "counseled" yesterday by some HM3 during my yearly PHA. What's up with that? I was expecting at least nurse practitioner. Is this the way we care for the world's finest warriors? HM3's? :scared: Please opine…

Ironically, it takes around 1 hr and 45 min (+/- 15 min) to finish a "PHA" in my command. I can knock out 4-6 full physicals in the same amount of time ( in normal pace)…:eek:

Mabassow

10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
lol, I just did my PHA a few days ago and I was in and out in less than 10 min. In fact, it took me longer to fill out the paperwork.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.