Pharm D 2009 looking to relocate to areas of need in TX or FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Platano23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Boston Pharm student trying to pay off some loans and looking to see what areas need pharmacist in the state of TX, and FL and what salaries are like for retail pharmacist (currently a Walgreens intern) in these areas.

Looking into places like El Paso, McAllen, Harlingen areas in TX/ Ft. Myers FL, but not limited to these areas please let me know other available in these states. I also speak spanish so language wont be an issue i think =)

Members don't see this ad.

ugh. people move to El Paso by choice??

ugh. people move to El Paso by choice??

From what I can gather...
Platano23 said:
Boston Pharm student trying to pay off some loans
...the OP may be looking through green-tinted glasses. ;) I have to agree with the sentiment, though. El Paso is on my "would never, ever live in" list of cities.

Members don't see this ad :)
You definatly listed cities in Texas that need pharmacists....because no one wants to live there. Try west Texas ie. Midland or Odessa and East Texas...Tyler and Longview areas.

Thank You for the reply MountD, Do you know what the salary range is in these areas?

I am sure its like most places in Texas around $55 to $60 an hour. There is one thing to keep in mind about Texas. In the area (southern Oklahoma, western Louisianna) There 8 pharmacy schools to pull from. I do not believe Texas has a shortage of pharmacists unless you go way south to the Mexican border. Places like El Paso and Brownsville. Honestly, even if they paid $100 an hour who would want to live there?

Boston Pharm student trying to pay off some loans and looking to see what areas need pharmacist in the state of TX, and FL and what salaries are like for retail pharmacist (currently a Walgreens intern) in these areas.

Looking into places like El Paso, McAllen, Harlingen areas in TX/ Ft. Myers FL, but not limited to these areas please let me know other available in these states. I also speak spanish so language wont be an issue i think =)

Sane people don't make conscious decision to move to El Paso, McAllen, or Harlingen.... unless you just plan on working, sleeping, then more working to pay off some loans.