Pharm Exams poll--Multiple choice vs. Short answer/Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anandimide

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help end a debate with my med school friends and I--are your 2nd year pharmacology exams multiple choice or short answer/essays (like mine at Medical College of Wisconsin)? I personally hate the sa/essay exams especially since Step 1 and the majority of the exams up until this point were multiple choice...just my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow! and i thought we had it bad when they would test us on stuff that's never tested on the usmle. (and they wonder why our school's pass rate is 75% :eek: ) Thankfully, I study on my own and don't study their notes :) .

I have no idea why MCOW would do something like that to torture the students...recall memory suffers when you don't have any multiple choice answers to jar your memory. But more importantly, as you said, it's not USMLE format. :rolleyes:

Are people really that tight lipped about their Pharm exams or are there no 2nd/3rd/4th years in here??

Anandimide said:
Please help end a debate with my med school friends and I--are your 2nd year pharmacology exams multiple choice or short answer/essays (like mine at Medical College of Wisconsin)? I personally hate the sa/essay exams especially since Step 1 and the majority of the exams up until this point were multiple choice...just my 2 cents.