Pharm in Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaybee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm planning on applying to UF, NOVA, and Palm Beach Atlantic for Fall 2004. I was hoping some of you out there who attend/attended the above universities could give me some pointers/info on the schools and specifically their admissions process and requirements. If you wanted to give me your credentials that were used to determine your own admission as well..... I wouldn't be upset! :) (gpa/work and volunteer experience, etc)

I have a 2.88 undergrad GPA, but am taking 44 credits in pre-reqs at Sanata Fe CC in Gainesville, FL. So far, I've got A's in Chem1 and Bio1. I'll only have about 6 months of volunteer experience by the time I apply in Feb/march 2004.

Again, any specific info on the FLA schools would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Jaybee,

I start at UF this fall. I don't know the stats for this year's entering class. If I find out more at orientation in August, I'll post it for you. As you probably know, UF only looks at certain math & science courses for GPA calculation. Nova and PBA look at your full GPA. All three schools use the PCAT. A 4th school, Florida A&M, does not use the PCAT.

I chose UF, because the tuition is 1/3 the cost of Nova or PBA.

My stats: BS in Biology. 3.9 math/science GPA, 98% PCAT. My experience is not in pharmacy, but I have owned my own company, so I have managed people, hired people, fired people, can do accounting, keep track of inventory, file tax reports, etc. This set me apart from others who just have pharmacy counter experience. Managing a pharmacy is no different than running a small company.

I recommend that you attend the pharmacy open house in Gainesville. I think it is held in the fall. They'll be able to answer all your questions.

Thanks for the info, Dana.

Good luck at UF, and hopefully I'll be joining you in another year! I would imagine with scores like the ones you reported you probably could've gotten into any school you wanted..... don't think mine will be quite that high, but we'll see.