1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pharm School Accepted people List your resumes

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Apexle, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Apexle

Apexle New Member

Pre-Medical
    Well, just list your School, your GPA, your PCAT % if available, your extracirriculars, what you listed on your apps, and anything you feel is necessary. I am currently a 4th year at UCIrvine and I just wanted to know what the general area is. I only have a 3.0 GPA right now but I was hoping that my extracirriculars would help (pharm clerk, ADHD research with Shire Pharmaceuticals, hopefully a position in neuropharm at UCI Med center w/ the head pharmacist researcher).
    Those who have been accepted please list your school accepted and what your i guess you would say "specs" are like said above, including extras and GPA and what you discussed on your essay. I am just really nervous about applying in June and I was talking to a friend (Glagic actually on these forums) who was accepted to USC (Congratulations btw!!!!)
    Thanks for your help guys.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 imagine sisyphus happy
    Pharmacist 15+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    West-by-God-Virginia. University. AVG GPA = 3.68, AVG PCAT 79.

I'm assuming this is suppossed to be what I was at admission. 3.27.

Sleeping. Eating. Having a dry sense of humor.

Nothing. I left it blank. Not trying to be cute, I literally left the section blank.

I got the highest interview score from my class because I am a masterful BSer. MY best advice is to make them think you are always deep in though, even though you are scared ****less. As I BS my way through a discussion, I generally like to try to look to the side and stick my fingers or some sort of pointy object on my chin. I'll demonstrate. Taking beta-blockers might help, too.

I also worked at the local hospital.

Our essays weren't prepared in advance. They sat us down in front of a computer and we had to go pure stream of consciousness. My topic was "what is your favorite book and why?" I wrote a 5 page essay about Plato's Republic and got a perfect grade.