Pharm schools that do not require PCAT nor interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettymean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am asking this on behalf of a friend. I need to know which pharmacy schools do not require PCAT nor interviews.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know Albany doesn't. That's all I want to say about that school...

That is an odd request. I'll keep my eye open for the school that doesn't require an application too - don't want to make the process too difficult.:)

rutgers school of pharmacy

Members don't see this ad :)
forgot to mention. Since, # of applications have gown up like crazy, they begun conducting a 15-minute phone interview. However, it will change and they might start requiring personal interview. PCAT is still a no no.

Originally posted by Heyyyyy
PCAT is still a no no.

PCAT at LECOM is actually listed as "optional" (at least for 2003), and there is a space on the application for PCAT scores. I have no idea how much value they place on them.

According to the aacp website these schools don't require the PCAT or an interview.

A & M Schwartz COP & HS
Albany College of Pharmacy
Massachusetts - Boston
Northeastern University
Ohio Northern University
Philadelphia
Rutgers University
St. John's University
St. Louis College of Pharmacy
University of Connecticut
University of Michigan
University of Pittsburgh
University of Rhode Island
University of South Carolina
University of Toledo

Refer your friend to this website.
http://www.aacp.org/issi/membership/survey_psar.asp?CID=104&TrackID=&TrackID&TrackID=

-Lori

Thanks Modnar. I have removed it from the list. LECOM isn't listed on there so I guess they haven't updated it.

Schools keep changing their admissions requirements so I wouldn't be surprised if there are more on there that now require the PCAT and/or inteview students.

That is an odd request. I'll keep my eye open for the school that doesn't require an application too - don't want to make the process too difficult.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAH!!!

I know the University of Mich does not require the PCAT, but I believe the interview may be required. The admission committee will determine if an applicant needs an interview or not.

you don't need the pcat for oregon state, and they used to do phone iv's. Dunno. that's a cool program (last two yrs at oregon health sciences in portland.)

Originally posted by BMBiology
I know the University of Mich does not require the PCAT, but I believe the interview may be required. The admission committee will determine if an applicant needs an interview or not.

True. That being said, it IS a very competive school, and they will usually only ask for an interview if they need clarification, or something with the app just doesn't seem right. From what I understand, they'll take you right away if they really want you. They love DEGREES as well as higher level math and biochem courses, and their class size is pretty small (I want to say ~60). They have been all PharmD since about 1980.