Pharm Student kills mother because she was upset that he is not in Med School!

JackFruitLover

10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2005
Status
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=7347330

Calif. pharmacy student guilty of killing mother
(AP) – 4 days ago

SANTA ANA, Calif. — A California pharmacy student who choked his 71-year-old mother because she nagged him to become a doctor has been convicted of voluntary manslaughter.

An Orange County jury on Tuesday found Son Nguyen (WIN) guilty of the lesser charge instead of murder in the 2008 death of his mother. He faces up to 11 years in prison.

Prosecutors say the 31-year-old Garden Grove man argued with Nuong Nguyen because he wanted to become a pharmacist. His mother had paid for his schooling and said he would shame the family unless he became a physician.

His attorney, Rob Harley, says the woman was in fragile health and suffered a fatal heart attack after her son, who was schizophrenic, choked her for about six seconds.

Harley told jurors her death was an accident.

** I wonder if he made his family proud now! lol

delano2000

D-Mod likes to parTAY
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
Texas
Status
Pharmacist

(AP) – 4 days ago

SANTA ANA, Calif. — A California pharmacy student who choked his 71-year-old mother because she nagged him to become a doctor has been convicted of voluntary manslaughter.

An Orange County jury on Tuesday found Son Nguyen (WIN) guilty of the lesser charge instead of murder in the 2008 death of his mother. He faces up to 11 years in prison.

Prosecutors say the 31-year-old Garden Grove man argued with Nuong Nguyen because he wanted to become a pharmacist. His mother had paid for his schooling and said he would shame the family unless he became a physician.

His attorney, Rob Harley, says the woman was in fragile health and suffered a fatal heart attack after her son, who was schizophrenic, choked her for about six seconds.

:eek:

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status
Pharmacist

Pharmacy Kid

LCDR
U.S. Public Health Service
10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
pharmacykid.wordpress.com
Status
Pharmacy Student

(AP) – 4 days ago

Sad on so many levels.

Sad that the mother doesn't consider pharmacy a respectable career.

Sad that the son didn't tell his mother to shut up and say that he'll make his own decisions earlier in life.

Sad that his anger boiled over and ended up killing his own mother.

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
working on my tan......
Status
Resident [Any Field]

(AP) – 4 days ago

I just want to know how in the hell did a schizo patient get into pharm school in the first place?

IrishHammer

Rated Rx Superstar
10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Western New York
Status
Pharmacy Student
I just want to know how in the hell did a schizo patient get into pharm school in the first place?
Damn diploma mills!

samurai361

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2007
Status
This is why I never mess with pharmacists.
Lol, this just reminded me of that pharmacist in Desperate Housewives who tried to kill Bree's husband because he was madly in love with her and replaced her husband's heart pills with potassium before killing himself. I love it :p

type b pharmD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
LOL! I don't even watch Jersey Shore. Apparently the new thing on forums across the internets, especially on Luelinks is to use gifs as forum responses instead of emoticons.

This particular gif is the shocked/wtf response.
i love it!!!!

IrishHammer

Rated Rx Superstar
10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Western New York
Status
Pharmacy Student

SZ251

10+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
Haha, the funny thing is that apparently "J-Wow" lived like 5 minutes from me and went to high school in this neighborhood.
I met her in cancun 2 weeks ago and let me assure you.....she is a piece of work.

Also, my fraternity tried to book DJ pauley-D for a party as a gimmick, and we were shocked to find out that he charges $6K a night ever since the jersey shore epidemic