Pharm-Tech applying to Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lexx0213

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got invited to an interview at Creightion U (my first invite EVER :)) and I'm worried that they might ask me "why did i work as a pharm tech instead of a dental assistant or work in a dental-related workplace?"....how should i go about this? i honestly applied to work as a pharm tech to "explore" my options in the health fields..also as a temporary job until i get into dental school....

Members don't see this ad.

Nice work!

Can I ask your stats and what state you are from?

I have my pharm tech certificate although I never worked, I didnt particularly think they would ask about it. How long did you work as one?

Thank you. I have average stats:

TS:18
AA:18
PAT: 23

GPA overall:3.3
GPA sci: 3.2

Coming from Minnesota. I currently work for almost 1 year.

Members don't see this ad :)
there's nothing wrong with exploring different career options.

Hopefully you have lots of dental experience to show that you are interested in dentistry more than pharmacy.

That's what I was gonna say if that question comes up. Definately with my experiences in Pharmacy, it's NOT my thing.

A pharmacy technician is just a job to make ends meet. So is busing tables, selling shoes, or being a cashier. It doesn't necessarily mean you were considering doing it the rest of your life. :)