Pharm tech for a short time period

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vasoolraja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering working as a pharm tech for a short time period of about 4 months. Presently I am working in a different field that is not related to pharmacy. Further, I have been accepted to the pharmacy school and will be starting this fall, so I was wondering if pharmacies would consider me for employment as a pharm tech for a four-month period? If I disclose in the interview that I 'll be leaving in August, would they be willing to employ me? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't bother. Enjoy your time off. It would be too time consuming to get your tech license and it would be a waste of the employers time to train you unless you plan on staying with that company. So to answer your question I say don't bother.

Reactions: 1 user
My main problem right now is I despise my present job and I am finding it very stressful to hang in there for 5 more months. Hope August comes soon!
I do have a pharm tech license, but like you mentioned the employers may not be interested in training me unless I plan on staying for a long time.

Members don't see this ad :)
My main problem right now is I despise my present job and I am finding it very stressful to hang in there for 5 more months. Hope August comes soon!
I do have a pharm tech license, but like you mentioned the employers may not be interested in training me unless I plan on staying for a long time.
You didn't mention you have a license! Lol

If you get an interview I would mention that you are starting pharmacy school and see if they can promote you to an intern when you get your license and just work once every week or two weeks or whatever it takes for you to stay active in the system. I work 1 day a week and I was a tech before I started pharmacy school. They promoted me to an intern no problem. It helps that the DM really likes me. Haha

I'm in the same boat. Attending pharm school in the fall, and I'm certified. Currently have a job interview coming up at a local hospital. I'm trying to get experience, as much as possible, so I can have a descent job when I graduate.

I am considering working as a pharm tech for a short time period of about 4 months. Presently I am working in a different field that is not related to pharmacy. Further, I have been accepted to the pharmacy school and will be starting this fall, so I was wondering if pharmacies would consider me for employment as a pharm tech for a four-month period? If I disclose in the interview that I 'll be leaving in August, would they be willing to employ me? Thanks in advance for your responses.

I would work for an agency that would use you to fill in where pharmacies need help. Kinda like a temp agency, but you're not. I know in my area we have one called Cardinal

just dont tell them...or, if it's a big chain pharmacy stay with them until you're about to leave then transfer to another store

Well, apparently Rite Aid likes that I'm going off to pharmacy school, since I'll be an intern and not a pharm tech.