"Pharmaceutical Care"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brill

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Clinical Evidence of the Value of Pharmacists

I was just browsing the APhA website and stumbled upon this. A lot of the information on there is somewhat old, and I'm sure many of you have already seen it, but for those who haven't it's an interesting read. Is anyone aware of any indepth research similar to what is listed on there? Most of it seems to be isolated studies.

Members don't see this ad.

This is actually a very good "fact sheet" on the value of "pharmaceutical care"....I've got it bookmarked!

I think most of us in pharmacy are already aware of how pharmacists are valuable. The problem is that we need to convince the insurance companies, whom at this time are content to not pay for the value that we can add. Never mind the fact that we can save them $$$$$.

I think most of us in pharmacy are already aware of how pharmacists are valuable. The problem is that we need to convince the insurance companies, whom at this time are content to not pay for the value that we can add. Never mind the fact that we can save them $$$$$.

Very true. Third-parties are an interesting topic unto themself. That could be an entire forum. I'm furious about their coverage, but at the same time a script happy pt population that we've got does put increedible pressure on their bottom line. I can see both sides. Like there's no way Medi-Cal can keep paying for all of these $300 scripts at zero co-pay. It's like giving a blood transfusion from an empty bag. There isn't money to pay for these drugs and yet medi-cal is still paying. I have heard around the campfire that Walgreens may stop taking medi-cal in certain places.