Pharmaceutical careers other than pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btpayne13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The field of pharmacy interests me a ton, but I don't know if I would like to be a pharmacist. I know that a pharmacist does more than just dispense meds, but it doesn't sound like my cup of tea. What business opportunities are out there? What's in pharmaceutical engineering? I might not mind being an independent pharmacy owner.

Members don't see this ad.

first off Pharmacists do alot, like you can work in a hospital side by side with doctors, you can work as a typical community pharmacist, you can own your own pharmacy, you can be a teacher, you can work for the government, you can work at sending meds to people, you can work in industry as research. It all depends on the school you want to attend and what you are interested in.

That being said you can always get a PHD in something, of course then your options are research and acedemia. there's medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, Pharmacology, and Pharmacognosy. Or you could go PHD in chem, biochem, or organic chem and work in pharmacy. It's virtually limitless. It comes down to what do you want to do. PM me and we can talk about all the careers in pharmacy i looked up this stuff to.