Pharmacist indicted on Ponzi scheme, maybe murdered husband, among other foibles.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

This might could be the pharmacist **** show of the year. Rumors I'm hearing are that she might have been involved in a house explosion, too.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Murder: quite the foible.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh, I forgot, she was handing out fake scholarships, too.

This is like a HICP level fiasco, concentrated in one person.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
"Tactical donated assault rifles as bingo prizes for a Feb. 9 fundraiser at Shady Spring High School to benefit Shady Spring High volleyball and Shady Spring Youth Baseball."

what the....

• Haha
The more I dig into this woman, the more amused I become.

Cochran, a pharmacist from Daniels, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, listing assets of $397,000 with liabilities of $1.4 million.

Chapter 7 allows for the sale of a debtor’s property and the distribution of the proceeds to creditors, according to uscourts.org.

Cochran’s petition for bankruptcy states that her debts are “consumer debts,” meaning they were incurred for personal, family or household purposes.

Cochran listed $89,000 in wages from 2017 and a self-employed salary of $200,000 in 2018. She listed her current monthly income as $502 in food stamps.

Although her employment status on the filing was listed as “employed,” no information was listed about her current occupation, employer’s name or employer’s address. Her income was listed as $0.

Cochran’s assets were recorded in the filing at $397,005, including a single family home located 433 4H Lake Rd. in Daniels, valued at $302,600; a 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 D 4Matic, valued at $37,500; a 2014 GMC 3500 HD Denali, valued at $32,000; and two investment properties in Daniels, valued at a combined $18,900.

A WVNS video report last Saturday showed West Virginia State Police Troopers at the Daniels property seizing two dirt bikes, a utility task vehicle (UTV) and an unidentified sports car — none of which were listed as assets on Cochran’s bankruptcy filing. Filings can be amended.

Collections suits have been filed in Greenbrier County and Raleigh County for the Denali and the Mercedes.

Cochran listed $500 in an American Electric Power “other financial account,” $13.57 at a First Community Bank checking account, and $8 in a Bank of Mount Hope checking account. She listed $58 in “cash on hand.”

Among the 29 creditors listed in the filing, Cochran estimated her liabilities at $1.4 million, including $445,000 to LCF Group (a financing firm), $250,000 to Premier Bankcard, nearly $134,000 in student loans, $81,621 to CAMC HFS (a health care collection service), $17,515 to Duke Health, $15,590 to Sunset Memorial Park, $13,533 to Citi Cards, $8,329 to Raleigh General Hospital, nearly $5,000 in six different claims to the Sheriff of Raleigh County, and a variety of other amounts less than $10,000.

How the hell do you Ponzi up $2.1 mil in money, but still owe 6 figs in student loans when you graduated in 2006.

She clearly didn't visit our investments thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
"Tactical donated assault rifles as bingo prizes for a Feb. 9 fundraiser at Shady Spring High School to benefit Shady Spring High volleyball and Shady Spring Youth Baseball."

what the....
That happens all the time In Southern West Virginia. Gun Bingo is always a money maker. They also have a thing called Gun Bash. They'll give away like 200 guns. Nice, expensive guns. They'll sell $100 raffle ticket. There have been bashes that have made upper 6 figures in money raised for various charities.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
LoL I was just about to comment about her student loans! She was also on food stamps!

Reactions: 1 user
That happens all the time In Southern West Virginia. Gun Bingo is always a money maker. They also have a thing called Gun Bash. They'll give away like 200 guns. Nice, expensive guns. They'll sell $100 raffle ticket. They're have been bashes that have made upper 6 figures in money raised for various charities.
"When in Rome..."

:eek: :arghh::(:mad::eek: She sounds like a complete psychopath. But hey, there is one in every profession. As declining as pharmacy school standards are, psychopaths are very convincing liars, so I wouldn't blame pharmacy schools for this outlier.

Reactions: 3 users
I look forward to this Dateline episode.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who the hell forks over 400k for other ppl to "invest"????? Ain't nobody managing even 10$ of my money

Reactions: 2 users
:eek: :arghh::(:mad::eek: She sounds like a complete psychopath. But hey, there is one in every profession. As declining as pharmacy school standards are, psychopaths are very convincing liars, so I wouldn't blame pharmacy schools for this outlier.
My school had a psychopath too. I’ve often wondered when the headlines will start to show up about her. Unfortunately this is probably somewhat common in professional schools.

• Wow
Who the hell forks over 400k for other ppl to "invest"????? Ain't nobody managing even 10$ of my money
Clearly you haven't followed the Theranos story. We do use a financial planner so I guess he gets to invest a bunch of our money but not on some janky business that doesn't exist.

What the...

She looks like such a nice normal person, too.

She has to, because if someone looks sketchy, they usually are failures at that sort of manipulation. It's only the people where looks are deceiving that can get away with it. Same sort of problem that the most successful proven serial killer caught was a physician.

This is true.. I have seen several news stories lately of physicians that replace donated sperm with their own.

This is perhaps one of the creepiest things I have ever heard. I would argue that it is even worse than what this woman did

• Angry
nearly $134,000 in student loans

Her WV license says issued 2001 (so she had to have started pharmacy school circa 1997-1998 or earlier) unless this is a not the "real" Natalie Cochran

Her WV license says issued 2001 (so she had to have started pharmacy school circa 1997-1998 or earlier) unless this is a not the "real" Natalie Cochran
She's 38 years old. So...I doubt she graduated in '01. I also looked at the state board...her intern license was issued in 2001 and it expired in 2006. In WV, they inactivate your intern license when you pass the NAPLEX. I think it is a typographical error. I'm pretty sure she graduated from Duquesne in 2006.

MOR - Looks like she was in bankruptcy court.

Some fun tidbits:

Natalie Cochran allegedly accepted a $50,000 down payment from a local orthodontist for sale of her Tactical Solutions Group, providing him with false financial information about the flailing business.

Also during the bankruptcy hearing, Cochran admitted to selling a leased Mercedes to Jeremy Setzer of Beckley but was unable to provide a title, according to attorneys. The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 D 4Matic was listed on her bankruptcy filings, valued at $37,500, along with a 2014 GMC 3500 HD Denali, valued at $32,000.

The whole article is a fun light read.

Anybody want to wildly speculate how she poisoned her husband?

That happens all the time In Southern West Virginia. Gun Bingo is always a money maker. They also have a thing called Gun Bash. They'll give away like 200 guns. Nice, expensive guns. They'll sell $100 raffle ticket. There have been bashes that have made upper 6 figures in money raised for various charities.

All the time in Texas too!

UPDATE!

Copy of the INDICTMENT

Latest local news article with video

2E1DDF63-6B80-439A-8A94-2FA626B43DD2.jpeg

Her student loans amount to 138,000. I guess she could blame the loans.

• Haha
Wow, she is quite the crook. How does someone have that much hubris to think they can just still and kill whenever they like and not get caught? I see she also owned an excessive amount of vehicles, Her poor kids, I hope they have someone stable to raise them, since their dad is dead and their mom will likely be in prison for the rest of their childhood.

Her student loans amount to 138,000. I guess she could blame the loans.

Except she stole far more than $138,000. I wonder if her husband believed her lies, and then when he figured out the truth, she decided to kill him.

Forgot to follow up on this.

Looks like she got a plea deal and took it. Plead guilty to two crimes and 24 others (lol) were dropped. Potential to serve 11 years in jail. Sentencing is January 2021.

My school had a psychopath too. I’ve often wondered when the headlines will start to show up about her. Unfortunately this is probably somewhat common in professional schools.
Psychopaths and sociopaths are also in work life.

Forgot to follow up on this.

Looks like she got a plea deal and took it. Plead guilty to two crimes and 24 others (lol) were dropped. Potential to serve 11 years in jail. Sentencing is January 2021.

Now the prosecutors should investigate her husband’s death. I don’t believe the seizure story.

What the...

She looks like such a nice normal person, too.
Many psychopaths look like normal people. You judge people based on their actions not their exterior appearance or their non verbal expressions.

It reminds me of the show in the 90s Profit

I worked at one of the hospitals where Michael Swango practiced, although he is not believed to have killed anyone there. One of my co-workers had known him, and she was totally shocked when he was arrested.

The more I dig into this woman, the more amused I become.

How the hell do you Ponzi up $2.1 mil in money, but still owe 6 figs in student loans when you graduated in 2006.

She clearly didn't visit our investments thread.

It sounds to me like she just plain old didn't pay her bills.

Final sentencing update. Some great nuggets in there.

Long story short, she's a sociopath and blamed it all on her husband. Got sentenced to 11 years. Has to pay $500/a month in restitution for the rest of time.

Final sentencing update. Some great nuggets in there.

Long story short, she's a sociopath and blamed it all on her husband. Got sentenced to 11 years. Has to pay $500/a month in restitution for the rest of time.
Great nuggets indeed. Sociopath is pretty apt, if not too mild a term. Hard to image convincing someone to invest over half a million dollars (earmarked for medical care for a sick child no less) knowing that you are running a Ponzi scheme. Not to mention doing it to friends and family. Geez.

She will probably get put in the all females prison down the road in WV where Martha Stewart was at. Hope they make an American Greed story out of it.

Update!

Isn’t using insulin too obvious?

Isn’t using insulin too obvious?

Too stupid to open a C&D for the real stuff. Having a toxicologist as our pharmacology professor, it was a very interesting take on all of that.

Best murder from poison I ever saw used a very light element to do so. It's impossible to trace outside and the only reason we found out was a postmortem confession from the murderer laughing at all of us for not figuring it out.

• Wow
Too stupid to open a C&D for the real stuff. Having a toxicologist as our pharmacology professor, it was a very interesting take on all of that.

Best murder from poison I ever saw used a very light element to do so. It's impossible to trace outside and the only reason we found out was a postmortem confession from the murderer laughing at all of us for not figuring it out.
Boron or beryllium?

Hadn't even thought of helium.
I didn’t either. It works, that botched investigation is one of the serious regrets in my career. I really failed that one, and in retrospect, I should have known that was a possibility. If there is an afterlife, I fully intend to apologize for it to the victim as the murderer lived a happy 15 years afterward and died happy.

• Care