Pharmacist interested in becoming a PA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ak9740

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN,

I'm currently a licensed RPH in the state of New Jersey. I have always wanted to pursue medicine but life happened ( kids, marriage,etc).

I want to know what steps I need to take in order to apply for PA school. I graduated from pharmacy school nearly 20 years ago so would I need to go back and redo my undergrad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

SDN,

I'm currently a licensed RPH in the state of New Jersey. I have always wanted to pursue medicine but life happened ( kids, marriage,etc).

I want to know what steps I need to take in order to apply for PA school. I graduated from pharmacy school nearly 20 years ago so would I need to go back and redo my undergrad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately many programs will want you to take a bunch of intro crap classes again to get in (Psych 101, Biology 101, etc.). I remember I had a bachelors in Psychology and my class was more than 6 years old and one of the programs I was working with wanted me to retake Psych 101. My response was, "has it changed that much in 6 years?". Needless to say I stopped talking to that program!

I would speak with the admissions folks at some of the programs you are interested in and send them your transcripts. They will then be able to tell you if you have to retake any pre-reqs. After 20 years out I am guessing so.

Reactions: 1 user