Pharmacist Job Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why? Because it is embarrassing and does this really show what direction our profession is really going? I just do not want to scare anyone but this is real
Dont worry about scaring them they deal with crazy customers all day long and this is pretty interesting just show the proof its all good lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Dont worry about scaring them they deal with crazy customers all day long and this is pretty interesting just show tbe proof its all good lol.

LOL I will drop the post at midnight pacific time. JK

When my questions can get answered I will be glad to post

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol well judging by the reactions of everyone else it sounds like at 38 your getting ****ed sideways...but thats if im reading in between the lines correctly

In what area? The west coast? Of course expect higher salary because the cost of living is higher unless that is too low? I’m not sure what is too low?

Southeast area. No, the cost of living is not high. I definitely can see this being realistic in a couple years from now but I recently heard CVS offers from new grads a couple months ago and this is a pretty big change.
I just want to see some proof but I can see that it is difficult for you to prove...

At this point I could care less about your post or the rate you quote because I am going to ignore it....if a few other people post that rate or you post proof I will believe it and deal with that information ...otherwise ....I will choose to ignore it...thanks

Thanks very much Duavo!!!

Yes he posted it. I think it was for 30 hrs/79000 so hourly is around what we are hearing - around 50$/hour

But it also verifies what salary new grads are getting - 79000

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Yes he posted it. I think it was for 30 hrs/79000 so hourly is around what we are hearing - around 50$/hour

so r u going to tell me if that is good or not or should I expect and demand higher

so r u going to tell me if that is good or not or should I expect and demand higher

It seems this is the going rate unfortunately. You are not going to be getting much higher based on the other posts on the forum.

This is much lower than a few years ago but for the current market this seems to be it. You can try to keep looking for more offers and if someone gives you 40 hours then you might break 100k.....but based on other posts it seems most companies and regions are doing 30 or 32 hours

I would say ask them how often you can get extra shifts. If you can get some extra hours that would put you in a good place.

Also yes it should not hurt to negotiate...you can try for more hours like 32 or a higher base like 82,000 but it is very very unlikely they will give what you ask or negotiate....most places don't retract offers if u try negotiating so give it a shot...

Also yes it should not hurt to negotiate...you can try for more hours like 32 or a higher base like 82,000 but it is very very unlikely they will give what you ask or negotiate....most places don't retract offers if u try negotiating so give it a shot...

Thank you, what if you have experience ? Or does that not matter? 8 years with them?

Use that in your negotiation........

But just understand the demand vs supply...somebody else will take it at that rate if u don't want it....so they have no incentive of raising it for you....

But try to use your 8 year experience with the company in negotiating...also try to get.more vacation days

Go for more PTO. Usually more wiggle room.

79k per year at 30 hours per week is not 38/hr. But math is hard I guess.

I didn't see the pic but this is why we ask for proof... That is not anywhere close to $38/hr and this scares me that he will be a pharmacist in charge of checking calculations. A 12 year old should be able to figure out the hourly rate.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't see the pic but this is why we ask for proof... That is not anywhere close to $38/hr and this scares me that he will be a pharmacist in charge of checking calculations. A 12 year old should be able to figure out the hourly rate.
I think it was a misunderstanding seems like he was trying to calculate it as an hrly employee on 40hrs instead of at 30hrs honest mistake lol

I think it was a misunderstanding seems like he was trying to calculate it as an hrly employee on 40hrs instead of at 30hrs honest mistake lol

Owlegrad explained the math for him and he still didn't understand why he didn't calculate it correctly.

i divided sal by 2080

If the offer said 30 hours then it should have been obvious, especially when everyone didn't believe him and asked for proof. Things will not be as obvious when he's verifying scripts.

Reactions: 3 users
Owlegrad explained the math for him and he still didn't understand why he didn't calculate it correctly.

If the offer said 30 hours then it should have been obvious, especially when everyone didn't believe him and asked for proof. Things will not be as obvious when he's verifying scripts.
He’s no pharmacist. He’s fake.

I dont want to offend anyone but I take everything on here with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 2 users
If you feel like you get targeted just go on medical LOA to freeze any action

Yes this works in most cases.... sometimes you can resolve it and come back, Others you look for a new gig, put in your 2 weeks at the 2 week shy point of your FMLA expiration.... and say goodbye,

Nope, nobody here is a pharmacist for a retail chain. We all have unicorn jobs.

I'm a forklift operator at the local water treatment facility..... is this not the correct forum? my bad,,,

• Haha
Anyone recently hired for a chain mind posting what salary was and region? Hearing that some chains are now hiring PICs at $50/hr

All you need to know is it's dropping nationwide, ALL chains.....so get on board while you can, grab some cash ans stock it up.

$56/hr for WM neighborhood market in Virginia

30-32 hours guaranteed?
I’ve been with WM for 6 years now. $56/hr is the current rate here. I was sitting in a few interviews with my DM and that was what she offered for new hire. If salary staff then 24 hours/per week or max 32 hours/week. Floater salary will only be 24 hours/week. You can flex up (pick up extra hours if available.) Then there is hourly position which there’s no benefit or guaranteed of hours. Some DM are exploring option of hiring 1 salary (24 hrs/wk) + 1 hourly to replace a vacant staff position instead of 32 or 40hrs/week.

Last edited:
Do 24 hrs/week positions offer benefits if salaried?
Yes, all salary positions get benefits. If your base is 24hrs/week, any hours pass your base (48hrs/2weeks pay period) you get $3 more per hours. DMs have hard time to fill emergency, certain holidays so by having these pharmacists not having enough hours they will be willing to pick up extra shifts whether (super center, Sam’s or NHM.) At some point if the demand for hour increase then they may increase your base from 24 to 32. Extra shift can be as little as 4 hours.

Maybe not at super center but I have seen at NHM. Usually an overlap shift. Of course you don’t get 4 hours shift everyday that would be crazy. Maybe once every 2 weeks. My store only opens 78 hours/week so every other week I have to come in for 2 hours shift to make the 80 hrs/pay period. In VA we can’t work more than 12 hrs/day. So I cannot be scheduled longer 12 hours on the weekdays for those 2 hours.

4 hour shifts are bogus.
You mean "this is proof that pharmacist jobs have extremely flexible hours and therefore it is good for mom, preggos and single girls wanting to have babies and we should all go to pharmacy school?" Let's drink the Koolaid!

• Haha
You mean "this is proof that pharmacist jobs have extremely flexible hours and therefore it is good for mom, preggos and single girls wanting to have babies and we should all go to pharmacy school?" Let's drink the Koolaid!
We do have a pharmacist that prefers short shifts in the morning since her kids are still little. So hourly short shifts are perfect for her. On the weekends she does the long shifts.

Yeah see if I show up, might as well work for a long time.

I didn't mind 4-5 hour shifts when I lived 10 mins from the pharmacy... if a long drive is involved, it quickly becomes not worth it...
Impressive that they do benefits and extra pay at 24 hours base... used to be at least 30 to qualify for benefits (with Walgreens).

I'd rather work 13-hour days if it meant working only 3 days a week. I'm sure I would think differently if I were older and creakier.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't mind 4-5 hour shifts when I lived 10 mins from the pharmacy... if a long drive is involved, it quickly becomes not worth it...
Impressive that they do benefits and extra pay at 24 hours base... used to be at least 30 to qualify for benefits (with Walgreens).

I think Target offers health insurance if you work just 20 hours per week, even if you're stocking shelves.

I'd rather work 13-hour days if it meant working only 3 days a week. I'm sure I would think differently if I were older and creakier.
It's not about long hours or volume. It's about metrics. For a 13 hour shift, your energy wanes down towards the end, and it'll be impossible to finish all the side chores while maintaining good metrics, i.e., promised verified time, waiter percentage, patient care calls, late fill request, save a trip calls, etc. Once metrics plummet, DM, DL or RXM will take improvement action plan which pushes you work harder, come earlier, leave later, etc. for the chains, long shifts are totally a nightmare unless you do not care. Don't get me wrong, I totally like 12 hour shift at Wag and 14 hour at CVS when I was a floater. But with more responsibilities carrying on, I dread taking those. Remember, it's 2020 already, and new metrics requirements are on the way per conference calls.

It's not about long hours or volume. It's about metrics. For a 13 hour shift, your energy wanes down towards the end, and it'll be impossible to finish all the side chores while maintaining good metrics, i.e., promised verified time, waiter percentage, patient care calls, late fill request, save a trip calls, etc. Once metrics plummet, DM, DL or RXM will take improvement action plan which pushes you work harder, come earlier, leave later, etc. for the chains, long shifts are totally a nightmare unless you do not care. Don't get me wrong, I totally like 12 hour shift at Wag and 14 hour at CVS when I was a floater. But with more responsibilities carrying on, I dread taking those. Remember, it's 2020 already, and new metrics requirements are on the way per conference calls.

Working shorter shifts over more days also compounds on people’s energy.

If you are solo a 13 hour shift is difficult.No lunch no dinner and on your feet all day. I wonder if Walgreens CEO has new metrics as its stock and
with it any hope for a pharmacist pay raise goes down the tubes.Walgreens is in deep trouble and if you think Walgreens is too big to fail you haven't been in retail a long time

• Wow