Pharmacist license pending..what to put on resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nature88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like your inputs on what to put on my resume when my pharmacist license is being processed by the Board and I don't have it in hand yet. I just passed all my tests and am applying for work now. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I would like your inputs on what to put on my resume when my pharmacist license is being processed by the Board and I don't have it in hand yet. I just passed all my tests and am applying for work now. Thanks!

you should just put that it's pending. The first thing most(if not all) employers do is look up your license number to see if you really are a pharmacist. since you are still pending, you technically have no license number. Handing in a resume without a license number also makes you look like an idiot as well. I suggest you frequent the state board site. sometimes, you have already gotten your license number but it takes a while for your actual hard copy to be mailed. I was waiting for my license last year when my friend(who was offering me a job) said that he already looked me up on the licensing website

Well... I don't put my license number on my resume. And I don't think most people do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well... I don't put my license number on my resume. And I don't think most people do.
I've seen enough resumes that had it to make me wonder if I should add it. Online applications always ask for it, and it's public knowledge via your state's website, so I added it on.

I have never heard of putting a license number on a resume. Seems pointless, obviously the employer would have to verify your license number on line to see if it was legitimate and active.....and they don't need your license number to verify on line that if your license is legitimate and active.