Pharmacist Manager Bullying Staff Pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avex007

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there.

Pharmacist manager is bullying Staff pharmacist. Blaming staff for everything not done. Staff has brought to Rx and store manager attention that tech is not doing job. Tech already has 3 call outs. Doesn't fill, etc.

Instead, was told to multi task.

Rx manager wrote staff up for keeping safe unlocked during work. Has a notebook of complaint and unofficial customer complaints documented against staff.
Tech also have complaint but manager put staff as responsible associate.

Rx manager has Rx error cover up. Tech has been on camera making suggestive jokes. Reported this to HR

Nothing is being done.

Please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Said tech also went to store manager and rx manager to lie.
He said that I called her double faced. I also reported a Rx mistake that was significant and sold to patient.

This is when singling out began.

My advice is to look for another job. At this point, it is either you or the manager who will have to go. The manager probably has more extensive documentation to get rid of you BUT not reporting and/or covering up an error in many companies are grounds for termination.

However, you posted something regarding your situation almost a year ago? You are still at your store.

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s the problem? This sounds like an everyday retail pharmacy at this point..

Well there's two sides to a story.

Manager already has 8 major Rx errors in 3 month period.

Different neighboring store. Said tech at prior store got let go as soon as Rx manager changed at that store. We all know she (tech) was full of it.

My advice is to look for another job. At this point, it is either you or the manager who will have to go. The manager probably has more extensive documentation to get rid of you BUT not reporting and/or covering up an error in many companies are grounds for termination.

However, you posted something regarding your situation almost a year ago? You are still at your store.

Reported and covered up errors are completely different animals.

i'm struggling to understand OP. can someone decipher for me what the problem seems to be here?

how many times though? and how serious was it? these two factors will determine if he should be worrying or if he's still good

This guy knows what he is talking about. He has been there done that - and is now drowning the past in a massive bong rip.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This guy knows what he is talking about. He has been there done that - and is now drowning the past in a massive bong rip.

Sounds like one or two "talks" are not serious LoL.

• Haha
i'm getting blasted again in a week or so. about once a month i'm up in the clouds
Sounds like one or two "talks" are not serious LoL.
it depends. was it a short talk or a long talk? if it's just one short to moderate talk then there may not be cause for alarm. the real threat is getting fired, that usually comes after a few talks and write ups

• Haha
i'm getting blasted again in a week or so. about once a month i'm up in the clouds

it depends. was it a short talk or a long talk? if it's just one short to moderate talk then there may not be cause for alarm. the real threat is getting fired, that usually comes after a few talks and write ups
I know someone got fired right after 1 error.

I just thought of a time I worked at a local psychiatric hospital...

I had delivered an IM syringe of Abilify Maintena to a nurse in a room with a psych patient.. She stuck the shot in a guys butt and pressed on the plunger. For some reason it had some resistance to it and she got aggravated. She pulled the shot out and got all frustrated saying it would not depress. Then, in a fit of frustration, she pushed the plunger so hard that the resistance broke and she sprayed drug all over the ceiling/wall. The whole time she was looking at me, waving a dirty syringe at me, and acting like it was my fault. I just looked at her and said, “just put it in the sharps container”.

At the time the price was 4K per shot... She was fired for not following protocol of immediate disposal of a sharps.

Reactions: 1 users
Hr came today. Basically told us to all get along.

tech got ore daring. Left 97 unfilled on Sunday.

• Haha
True, but what if the person was still on training, only been there for a few days?

You can't blame giving the wrong drug (especially an injection) on lack of training. They are still a licensed pharmacist.

Reactions: 3 users
She clearly covered up. There were 2 sold Rx with errors. They were deleted and retyped. The healthcare supervisor seems to be covering up for her.
I has 2 errors. She had 9 errors in 3 months. We both got a verbal. Seems unfair.
Should I call ethics hotline?

Will that paint a target?

They basically told us to drop it and stop playing game of thrones/drama

Reported and covered up errors are completely different animals.

Healthcare Supervisor took my statement of her errors and submitted it in the computer.

Does he make the final decision or does he submitt to another comittee to decide if shes guilty?

Last edited:
Also the claim (by me) that she and tech violated HIPAA by taking home notebook with patient name is still investigated.

Last edited:
Also was told by store manager that the only thing expected of tech is register. Does that seem right?

Why don't we just hire a cashier then? Save money

Job description on clearly says filling/typing.

This tech doesn't even know how to put away orders or type.

Previous staff pharmacist left job because of him.

Been with the company for years.
Not an old guy (would have more sympathy)

Tells customer that I and another tech are bad. We are both ethnic.

Can Staff write up tech at WAG?

Of course, I will email HR/DM to get approval.

Manager already has 8 major Rx errors in 3 month period.
People that eagerly swallow the corporate kool-aid tend to be bulletproof. Again, management liked my old underperforming, kool-aid guzzling pharmacy manager and openly thought she was "hot". And she knew when and who to flirt with. No amount of complaints mattered and the resulting **** rolled- of course- downhill. The only solution was to vacate the position....

Shes not super"hot" by traditional standards.

Our average script fill time is 100 plus minutes :rolleyes::wow:

People that eagerly swallow the corporate kool-aid tend to be bulletproof. Again, management liked my old underperforming, kool-aid guzzling pharmacy manager and openly thought she was "hot". And she knew when and who to flirt with. No amount of complaints mattered and the resulting **** rolled- of course- downhill. The only solution was to vacate the position....

Should I keep going up via ethics department or just drop it.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the healthcare supervisor didn't think she was guilty.
Can they "corporate" delete/cover up wrong scripts for her? LAst time I checked. It was deleted under her user name but it was still there (readable)

The big problem I see here is that you’re not documenting anything. @Amphetamine Salts

This thread is so confusing.

Reactions: 1 users
Basically I am a new staff. Tech isn't doing his job and Rx manager is blaming everything on me because they are friends.

Rx manager reported me for keeping safe open.

I reported her for covering Rx errors. I reported tech and her for bringing home a notebook with patient names. I reported tech for making suggestive joke.

HR and Healthcare supervisor came to talk to us.

This thread is so confusing.

Not sure why you started two threads about the same topic.

HR / DM are not obligated to keep you updated regarding any disciplinary actions taken against your PIC. So you don't actually know what they will do with the information you provided. I am also not clear if PIC didn't report errors in question. Did you check Rite Aid error reporting portal to confirm it? Obviously you can't do it now and what is done is done as you already brought this up to your DM. Also with conversion to Walgreens there are a lot of moving pieces and they might not act on things that occurred when you were still Rite Aid. It is entirely possible they will just do a warning and move on.

This situation is on the HR radar. It is a little too late to worry about not having a target on anyone's back. I don't see what else you can do other than keep emails, printouts, records of everything that occurred and who you talked to... I can't see this ending well.

It sounds alike you are not thinking outside the box.

Go to amazon and get some Wyze cameras. Start the first pharmacy reality drama show. Make lots of money and retire early.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Sounds like WAG. Yes HSC/DM will cover it up, it is happening to a few people I know. One PIC actually got fired because they opened up too many STARS on their staff RPH. At this point WAG doesn't want people to report, if you think you are in a REALLY bad spot contact HR and start building your evidence. Create a situation were any retaliatory action is impossible by contacting the third party compliance line. Start learning your HR trigger worlds.... retaliation, hostile work environment. But know if you choose to go this way you will be hated and you better not make any mistakes. Even though you stop any action against you right now they are waiting for the right chance to get rid of you.

Sounds like WAG. Yes HSC/DM will cover it up, it is happening to a few people I know. One PIC actually got fired because they opened up too many STARS on their staff RPH.

Well that's a wrongful termination lawsuit, if true.

Well that's a wrongful termination lawsuit, if true.
There are a few of those building right now that I know of, but WAG is super litigious so they drag them out. In states like Texas it is at will employment and most lawsuits come down to discrimination based on sex, gender etc. They tag your termination as performance related and send you off. The trick is to create a scene with HR/Corporate before they place you on a PIP(aka walgreens shady way to get rid of higher paying rphs/ people that don't conform).

I can confirm from personal experience that Walgreens HR is trash. I am not even talking about doing the right thing. It is about doing what you said you would do. If it is your last and only option, go for it but don't expect much. As others have said, create a scene. If you can get legal advice ahead of time, that would be ideal.

Basically I am a new staff. Tech isn't doing his job and Rx manager is blaming everything on me because they are friends.

Rx manager reported me for keeping safe open.

I reported her for covering Rx errors. I reported tech and her for bringing home a notebook with patient names. I reported tech for making suggestive joke.

HR and Healthcare supervisor came to talk to us.

So where is the bullying happening? The only thing you said was that PIC reported you for keeping the safe open for 1 hour 6 minutes which you acknowledged was true. What else did PIC do to bully you?

Your supervisors don't give a crap who is right or who is wrong. Babysitting staff is the last thing they want to do. They are busy trying to get their peons to meet impossible metrics so that big brother doesn't hover over their shoulders.

I already contacted HR and anonymous hotline.

I'm shocked they covers up STARS? Supposedly they told me HIPAA is still being investigated.

If they fire me, I will contact the Board of Pharmacy plus my lawyer.

Why don't they want STARS opened? Does STARS count against the district's performance or do they want to protect staff that they like?

Sounds like WAG. Yes HSC/DM will cover it up, it is happening to a few people I know. One PIC actually got fired because they opened up too many STARS on their staff RPH. At this point WAG doesn't want people to report, if you think you are in a REALLY bad spot contact HR and start building your evidence. Create a situation were any retaliatory action is impossible by contacting the third party compliance line. Start learning your HR trigger worlds.... retaliation, hostile work environment. But know if you choose to go this way you will be hated and you better not make any mistakes. Even though you stop any action against you right now they are waiting for the right chance to get rid of you.

I view it as a paper trail. They cut hours/staff benefits and want to pretend it doesn't impact the quality of their services. If you can see a direct correlation with staffing levels and med errors documented through increased STARS reports then they can't defend themselves. Fine they want to cut staff hours (labor is the most expensive) but then they add all these stupid calls and extra BS to make it impossible to meet metrics without lying. It doesn't take a genius to realize pharmacists at 700/day + stores should not be typing/verifyin/filling, final product verifying and then selling a prescription but what pharmacist doesn't do that on a regular basis A health care provider should place safety as their top priority and clearly for WAG its numbers above anything else and all mistakes are the cost of doing business. Also agree, they do protect people that they like because I know a pharmacists with 32 stars in a year that still has a job, but when a PIC got 1( not even a severe one) they got terminated. WAG does what it wants, they don't care about you and pharmacists shouldn't expect anything from them. You get robbed and ask for time off and they say you can use your PTO but still won't get security(this actually happened) because "corporate decides who get security". It is all cost of doing business to them, retail pharmacy is an interesting spot, it is every man for themselves.

She clearly covered up. There were 2 sold Rx with errors. They were deleted and retyped. The healthcare supervisor seems to be covering up for her.
I has 2 errors. She had 9 errors in 3 months. We both got a verbal. Seems unfair.
Should I call ethics hotline?

Will that paint a target?

They basically told us to drop it and stop playing game of thrones/drama

So report them to your board if they're covering up errors. Easy peasy

Will WAG retaliate against me If I do?

Her cover up is black and white. I have Rx numbers deleted, sold, new Rx number.

So report them to your board if they're covering up errors. Easy peasy

I'm pretty sure its a scene already. I think the Rx manager was trying documenting/bugging management enough to put me on PIP.

I can confirm from personal experience that Walgreens HR is trash. I am not even talking about doing the right thing. It is about doing what you said you would do. If it is your last and only option, go for it but don't expect much. As others have said, create a scene. If you can get legal advice ahead of time, that would be ideal.

I already contacted HR and anonymous hotline.

I'm shocked they covers up STARS? Supposedly they told me HIPAA is still being investigated.

If they fire me, I will contact the Board of Pharmacy plus my lawyer.
Why would bop care if you are fired?