Pharmacist Role in Church Health Fair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

araytb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm training as a unit/floor hospital pharmacist and one of the nurses I've befriended asked me to come to her church to represent pharmacy at a health fair of sorts. Like a nice guy, I said yes. :-/

Anyone ever done one of these as an RPH? I mean I've done health fair stuff in pharmacy school like BP checks, glucose readings, diabetic foot exams, bone density tests, and cholesterol checks etc. But I'm pretty sure they have those covered by the church members who are physicians and nurses. Not quite sure what to do or what to expect. She kept it pretty open ended and I think I'll just be given a booth.

Any ideas of something the community would be interested in that's pharmacy related? The only thing I can think of is a "brown bagging" booth.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm training as a unit/floor hospital pharmacist and one of the nurses I've befriended asked me to come to her church to represent pharmacy at a health fair of sorts. Like a nice guy, I said yes. :-/

Anyone ever done one of these as an RPH? I mean I've done health fair stuff in pharmacy school like BP checks, glucose readings, diabetic foot exams, bone density tests, and cholesterol checks etc. But I'm pretty sure they have those covered by the church members who are physicians and nurses. Not quite sure what to do or what to expect. She kept it pretty open ended and I think I'll just be given a booth.

Any ideas of something the community would be interested in that's pharmacy related? The only thing I can think of is a "brown bagging" booth.

Brown bag
Medicare Part D Info, open enrollment is just around the corner.
Get some information of health exchanges in your state.
Make a handout on what should be in your medicine chest.