AgTeach1

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
This may be a silly question, but have you heard of a Pharmacist who deals directly with Veterinarians dispensing animal drugs?

drugdoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Yes, and Creighton has a class on Veterinary Pharmaceudicals. I plan on getting my PharmD with an emphasis on Veterinary Pharmacy.

fmbzp5

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
My best friend is well leaving a job where he worked at a compounding pharmacy that dealt directly with Vet. Medicine. He never took a class on vet pharm. beforehand so it was a large learning curve but yet he enjoyed it very much, just not the management.

About the Ads

Jackanese

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I interned at the UC Davis vet pharmacy, supposedly the best vet program in the nation, before entering pharm school. All I can say is its totally different from your typical retail pharmacist. They told me its extremely hard to get a job as a vet pharmacist and even if you do, the salary is not appealing. But hey, if you like animals, its worth it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.