Dr. Leca

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Is it possible?

When I was 18 I dropped out of high school and got a GED, now I am working on my pre req classes. If I got excepted to a Pharm school and got a PharmD would I be like the only person without a diploma?

Should I go back and get the diploma really quick or is it a waste of time?

pharmwannebe2

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2006
Flipadelphia, PA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Dr. Leca said:
Is it possible?

When I was 18 I dropped out of high school and got a GED, now I am working on my pre req classes. If I got excepted to a Pharm school and got a PharmD would I be like the only person without a diploma?

no. if you are in college right now. just do the pre req and take the pcats.

if you can do well in pre req and pcats they probably wouldn't care that you got your GED.

imperial frog

Pharm.D
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2004
Outside your bedroom window.
Status
Dr. Leca said:
Is it possible?

I sort of got asked not to come back to high school back in 11th grade and wound up going to a community college even without a GED (haven't the slightest idea how this happened.) After I graduated, Florida universities had to take me by law and I eventually got my Bachelors and Masters degrees and it didn't seem to hurt my getting into pharmschool any.

OP
D

Dr. Leca

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
you're right.

but its just kinda embarrassing not having a diploma. I bet all Pharmacists wern't screw ups like me in high school.

OP
D

Dr. Leca

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
wow

you're a great inspiration Imperial Frog. I guess I'm not the only guy that decided "schooling is important" after high school.

I was such a screw up and I blame it all on video games. lol

If you can get a Bachelors and a Masters without a diploma, then I can get through my pre reqs with just my GED.

I just always thought all Pharmacists were born to succeed, and all Pharmacists were straight A students in high school.