Pharmacology Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdql

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally in the review stage!

I am trying to cover over pharm now and from what I've heard, it seems like the drugs in FA are all that's needed. I was thinking of using an additional source too as FA sometimes leaves out MOA, toxicities, etc... etc... when discussing drugs.

Would Lippincott's be a good source? (just for looking up the FA drugs. I have no intention of going through the whole thing :p)

I have flash cards as well but I find I tend to spend more time flipping through the flash cards then actually learning what's on the flash cards. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

IMO...the only thing worth looking up is the MOA if whats in FA doesn't really make sense to you.....there was close to ZERO pharm on any nbme, UWorld, Qbook or even the real thing that wasn't in FA

The only exception I can think of is an example of an agonist/antagonist opiod (ie pentazocine)..... pretty important drug to understand and one that I saw on a few occasions in practice questions (not on the real thing though)

I did end up having two drugs not in FA that I only got cus I did the lippincott flash cards. But after a quick glance at the question choices, if you only knew FA you should have been able to eliminate the other choices leaving the new drug as the only possible option. I thought the Katzung book was pretty good if you needed clarification on anything, especially since most of the pharm diagrams in FA are straight from that book.

Thanks for the quick reply!

In that case, I'll definitely limit my pharm studying to FA and the occasional peek at Lippincott's.

I recently borrowed a set of PharmCards from a classmate who had already taken her exam but carrying around that big, bulky pack wasn't really appealing to me. Plus, it contains quite a few drugs that aren't listed in FA