Pharmacology

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by amazace, Dec 16, 2005.

1. amazace

amazace PA-S

Other Health Professions Student
    Can anyone recommend a good set of pharm flashcards?
    Thanks.

2. Making your own is the best, I found. Didn't like the commercial ones that I've seen....

3. SarahGM

SarahGM Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I like my Pharmcards (I believe that's the brand name). You can get them on Amazon. They're really detailed though, so you may end up highlighting the points that you need to know about each medication!

I heart Pharm... it was (surprisingly) my favorite class this semester! :love:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. thackl

thackl 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

:barf: It's probably my best grade, but I hate it!

5. DieselPetrolGrl

DieselPetrolGrl twisterChamp&so much more
    7+ Year Member

pharm was my fav too
    ever since that class i have been dosing myself left and right.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Paws

7+ Year Member

I really struggle with pharm, I fluctuate between trying to read the material and understand it, and just plain out memorizing it. I can't seem to do flash cards anymore now that I am in med school. I have no commuting time and no other time when I just sit down and memorize cards. I feel snowed under with trying to just get through the lecture material.

I need a better system with pharm ... :(

7. MadameLULU

MadameLULU Saucy
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My school doesn't adequately teach pharm either, so I hear. Can anyone recommend a good pharm text? Thanks :)

8. Paws

7+ Year Member

I have been using the Lippincott Review book. I like it and it seems pretty simple and friendly. I actually got 100% on one of our exams by really cruising through the material. People make fun of the Lipp. book (I don't know why) but it has been a big help for me. I need pictures with dry stuff like pharm.