Pharmacy-Anesthesiologist should pay as much as AA or cRNa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barbosa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have not see a similar post so I thought I should post one. I fail to see the reason why pharmacy is so looked down upon in the healthcare field (from threads i have read so far). I honestly think that it is mess up that a PA-cardiologist is grabbing 120k out of school while a pharm-cardiologist is 110k out. Or a pharm-anesthesiologist is 105k while AA (basically PA) or cRNa is raking in 160+k. Not that I am against the PA or cRNas.:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, i have not see a similar post so I thought I should post one. I fail to see the reason why pharmacy is so looked down upon in the healthcare field (from threads i have read so far). I honestly think that it is mess up that a PA-cardiologist is grabbing 120k out of school while a pharm-cardiologist is 110k out. Or a pharm-anesthesiologist is 105k while AA (basically PA) or cRNa is raking in 160+k. Not that I am against the PA or cRNas.:love:

I never knew there was a pharmacist-anesthesiologist, I'm gone have to check into that!

Uh, what?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thread moved to pharmacy due to topic. In the future, please only post a thread in one forum.

Ummmmmmmmmmm...............I don't even know what to say to something like this.

Troll-Spray-atsof-545146_377_603.jpg

It's all about demand and supply. They don't admit many students to CRNA or AA programs, while there are hundreds of pharmacy student in the each entering class, not mentioning the new schools that are popping up. It's more competitive to get in CRNA or AA than PharmD program. :)

It's all about demand and supply. They don't admit many students to CRNA or AA programs, while there are hundreds of pharmacy student in the each entering class, not mentioning the new schools that are popping up. It's more competitive to get in CRNA or AA than PharmD program. :)
Why do you keep saying that pharmd is easier to get into? -.-

What he's trying to say is "Hey indivíduos, eu tenho não ver um borne similar assim que eu pensei que eu devo afixar um. Eu não ver a razão pela qual a farmácia é assim que olhado para baixo em cima no campo dos cuidados médicos (das linhas que eu tenho lido até agora). Eu penso honesta que é suja acima que um PA-cardiólogo está agarrando 120k extra-escolar quando um pharm-cardiólogo for 110k para fora. Ou um pharm-anesthesiologist é 105k quando AA (basicamente PA) ou o cRNa está ajuntando em 160+k. Não que eu estou de encontro ao PA ou aos cRNas"

Don't y'all get it?

show us the source of your salary information

Perhaps, my question wasn't phrased correctly. I AM NO TROLL, JUST ASKING A LEGITIMATE QUESTION, that being said, I meant that the field of clinical anesthesiology is a well hidden secret among all pharmacy residencies. It is actually called pain management but the work is the same as an AA or cRNa. But pain management pharmacists have intimate details of schedule II drugs which are most often used in anesthesiology department. Salary info (though obscure) can be gleamed from sources hiring pain management pharmacist. I spoke to someone in the field who said that starting out is around 105k to 110k. i can give you her phone number, lol
http://us.experteer.com/account/sig...red&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=SimplyHired

CRNA is hard to get into because so many people apply because of the money they can make rather than working as a nurse....half the people going into nursing now are just going to go to CRNA school or NP school (no data to back this up)...the demand for CRNA is too high for the amount of schools....personally i think it could be a bubble that will bust harder than the pharmd..but who knows

Perhaps, my question wasn't phrased correctly. I AM NO TROLL, JUST ASKING A LEGITIMATE QUESTION, that being said, I meant that the field of clinical anesthesiology is a well hidden secret among all pharmacy residencies. It is actually called pain management but the work is the same as an AA or cRNa. But pain management pharmacists have intimate details of schedule II drugs which are most often used in anesthesiology department. Salary info (though obscure) can be gleamed from sources hiring pain management pharmacist. I spoke to someone in the field who said that starting out is around 105k to 110k. i can give you her phone number, lol
http://us.experteer.com/account/sig...red&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=SimplyHired

HAHAhAHAH this is WAY different than anesthesia.....WAYYY different
by the way that pain management pharmd prob doesnt stand in the OR all day reading people magazine...

Members don't see this ad :)

oh lord.... you'd been better off saying you're a troll...

can anyone give me information about pain management pharmacists responsiblities, training, or the hiring climate?? What about legal issues?

My friend has been dealing with a chronic pain disorder for years and seeing him suffer through doctors who dont know enough pharmacology to help him get the right meds, or the right information about combinations, dealing with tolerance, dependence, addiction/pseudoaddiction, and drug metabolism has been one of the saddest things i've had to deal with in my life. And I cant help but think, what if he had been able to see a pharmacist who understood about all of the different problems he's had with his drugs (side effects, tolerance, breakthrough pain, etc)

Is pain managment pharmacy a very niche field that is hard to get into or find jobs in? Does anyone know one I could possibly contact to talk to ?

oh lord.... you'd been better off saying you're a troll...

??
are you one of those say-something-but-mean-nothing people. is that your only big contribution? like to see your number of posts counter go up? silly kid.:laugh:

??
are you one of those say-something-but-mean-nothing people. is that your only big contribution? like to see your number of posts counter go up? silly kid.:laugh:

Hmmm..interesting. I've never been called a "kid" by a prepharm...

Hmmm..interesting. I've never been called a "kid" by a prepharm...

I call your knee jerk reaction, on labeling be Troll without looking at the content of my post, a childish thing to do, therefore you are a silly kid. Also your assumption that all pre-pharmd is younger than you, is in itself childish. I feel bad about this exchange, but I have had a enough of people who, under the cloak of internet anonymity, relapse into 4th grade behaviors. I sincerely mean no offense to your person, just your crappy attitude.

I call your knee jerk reaction, on labeling be Troll without looking at the content of my post, a childish thing to do, therefore you are a silly kid. Also your assumption that all pre-pharmd is younger than you, is in itself childish. I feel bad about this exchange, but I have had a enough of people who, under the cloak of internet anonymity, relapse into 4th grade behaviors. I sincerely mean no offense to your person, just your crappy attitude.

1. What I did is hardly a Knee Jerk...I suggest you look up what Knee Jerk means.
  2. I never lebeled your content of the post as a troll. I suggested it would been better as a troll. Big difference.
  3. Ehh..unless you're really an old fart... it would be safe to assume I'm older than you. I've been practicing pharmacy for 19 years now.
  4. I may be anonymous to you, but some folks here know who I am in real life.
  5. " I sincerely mean no offense to your person, just your crappy attitude" This doesn't make much sense but I can guess what you're trying to say. Actually, there's nothing wrong with my attitude.

Interesting exchange.

I would be honored to have Z as my boss, but maybe I'm a silly kid, too

1. What I did is hardly a Knee Jerk...I suggest you look up what Knee Jerk means.
  2. I never lebeled your content of the post as a troll. I suggested it would been better as a troll. Big difference.
  3. Ehh..unless you're really an old fart... it would be safe to assume I'm older than you. I've been practicing pharmacy for 19 years now.
  4. I may be anonymous to you, but some folks here know who I am in real life.
  5. " I sincerely mean no offense to your person, just your crappy attitude" This doesn't make much sense but I can guess what you're trying to say. Actually, there's nothing wrong with my attitude.

This will be my last reply:
1st, I think we got off on wrong foot
2nd, your comment was knee-jerk because the troll comment was unwarranted and unreasonable.
3rd, if you are that experienced you should be the last person to condemn a comment from a prepharm as being trollish (if that's a word)
4th, i look forward to your answers on future threads
5th, lets make peace!!:)

"Please sir, may I have another!"

I envision a closet, and more pharmacoeconomic analyses of valproic acid prescription trends.

OMG, I just ran an anlaysis...took me 6 hours today. If I look at another spread sheet, I will need that valproate...cuz I'll have a seizure..

Why don't you move it again? We have no idea what this dude is talking about. Clearly another forum could help him out more...ship it over to anesthesiology or something...

:laugh: I was debating before moving this one over here as I knew this guy was going to get torn apart by you guys.

OMG, I just ran an anlaysis...took me 6 hours today. If I look at another spread sheet, I will need that valproate...cuz I'll have a seizure..

I've managed to avoid Excel for most of my life (somehow). The last two years have just made me want to gouge my eyes out...damn cost analyses are killing me.

I've managed to avoid Excel for most of my life (somehow). The last two years have just made me want to gouge my eyes out...damn cost analyses are killing me.

Excel is your friend. Get real good at it.

i said he/she was a troll ....wtf? am i missing something?

can anyone give me information about pain management pharmacists responsiblities, training, or the hiring climate?? What about legal issues?

My friend has been dealing with a chronic pain disorder for years and seeing him suffer through doctors who dont know enough pharmacology to help him get the right meds, or the right information about combinations, dealing with tolerance, dependence, addiction/pseudoaddiction, and drug metabolism has been one of the saddest things i've had to deal with in my life. And I cant help but think, what if he had been able to see a pharmacist who understood about all of the different problems he's had with his drugs (side effects, tolerance, breakthrough pain, etc)

Is pain managment pharmacy a very niche field that is hard to get into or find jobs in? Does anyone know one I could possibly contact to talk to ?

If you go to the ASHP online residency directory, you'll see that there are 4 PGY-2s in pain management/palliative care listed: North FL/South GA VA, West Palm Beach VA, U of Maryland and Johns Hopkins. I know Moffitt Cancer Center also has a program that's been around for at least a decade, but it's not listed in the directory. These programs are slowly but surely being accredited, and the job market is wide open. Jobs are available in geriatrics, oncology, hospice, ambulatory care and anywhere else you can create a niche for yourself.

I would encourage you to contact any of the people you see listed as program directors at the institutions above. They are all passionate about what they do, and they were fantastic resources for me when I was considering a pain management/palliative care specialty. I ended up selecting a PGY-2 in geriatrics because I have varied interests, but if you know this is something you want to do I would encourage you to pursue it. It takes a special kind of person to do that kind of work...

It is my friend. Only, it's that friend that ends up vomiting in every embarrassing place on Saturday night and you can't figure out why you still hang out with it.

FTW :thumbup:

What he's trying to say is "Hey indivíduos, eu tenho não ver um borne similar assim que eu pensei que eu devo afixar um. Eu não ver a razão pela qual a farmácia é assim que olhado para baixo em cima no campo dos cuidados médicos (das linhas que eu tenho lido até agora). Eu penso honesta que é suja acima que um PA-cardiólogo está agarrando 120k extra-escolar quando um pharm-cardiólogo for 110k para fora. Ou um pharm-anesthesiologist é 105k quando AA (basicamente PA) ou o cRNa está ajuntando em 160+k. Não que eu estou de encontro ao PA ou aos cRNas"

Don't y'all get it?
Sim, entendo todo ;)

wait a minute, pharm anesthesiologist? where did you get this info? i have NEVER heard of such

Yeah. It's up in Alaska where they can't get physicians, NPs, PAs, or CRNAs. $2 million for a 5 year commitment.

haha, on an eskimo reservation bc it is federally operated and they let all crazy **** fly there ;)

Why have there been a lack of good threads lately?

Yeah. It's up in Alaska where they can't get physicians, NPs, PAs, or CRNAs. $2 million for a 5 year commitment.

****, there are kids out there that have no idea that you created this rumor...

One post from you - and it starts an entire landslide of "Alaska = 300k/yr - ALASKA FTW"

Sigh - I can almost see the pre-pharm students posting their questions