Pharmacy Lounge? (a pharm and pre-pharm poll hosted in pre-pharm)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you support the addition of a Pharmacy Lounge to the Pharm Forums?

• Total voters

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The moderated Off-topic area was recently created to serve a specific group of users who previously had no suitable home. Mostly, it was aimed towards former DrsLounge users who had stopped using the area because it had become really trashy and immature. IMO, users who are having their threads moved out of the Academic areas are generally not a part of that target group and are not well served by a general Off-topic area.

What do you all think of the idea of creating a Pharmacy Lounge area, for users of all of the Pharmacy forums? This could provide a home for threads that are fun but fall off the mainpage quickly, as well as the roll call threads, "tell me about yourself" and that sort of thing. It would be cool because it would provide a place where people can chat and network, without a separation between the pharmacy and pre-pharmacy core groups. Before we had a separation between pharm and pre-pharm we talked alot more as people, without regards to territory or division.

Please respond to this poll to show whether or not you would support such a forum.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

id like an off topic lounge, but i'd still like the roll call thread in the pre pharm area

I think it sounds like a good idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
sound like a good idea...never know, I can meet my future wife there:laugh:

much better option than the off-topic but best option would be to leave it the way it was before the creation of the off topic lounge. People that post in the pharmacy area are mostly regulars and personally, I don't want to be checking 5 different areas of discussion to find things that are pertinent to me. Id rather keep it all in one simple place like we had it. I think as it is we have way to many forums for the pharmacy area. Essentially, if there is any fun in a thread, it will be forced into another area of SDN. I'd rather go back to the old way and have 3 or so threads that are somewhat fun rather than being drop dead serious all the time. (cause you know most pharmacy students have the personality of a door knob)

much better option than the off-topic but best option would be to leave it the way it was before the creation of the off topic lounge. People that post in the pharmacy area are mostly regulars and personally, I don't want to be checking 5 different areas of discussion to find things that are pertinent to me. Id rather keep it all in one simple place like we had it. I think as it is we have way to many forums for the pharmacy area. Essentially, if there is any fun in a thread, it will be forced into another area of SDN. I'd rather go back to the old way and have 3 or so threads that are somewhat fun rather than being drop dead serious all the time. (cause you know most pharmacy students have the personality of a door knob)

It was so hard to read that with your spice bottles humping each other :laugh:

I support the idea ^^
(so I can spam more there mwahahahaha j/k) XD