Pharmacy Manager and Pharmacist Still in Top 5 Highest Paying Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

projektreverb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Get a load of this c**p. And along comes a new wave of applicants *but 126k per year hurr durr*

TLDR RXM and Pharmacist rank in the top 5 highest paying jobs apparently.

Members don't see this ad.

That article is very misleading and is an absolute joke. “Healthcare pays off-literally.” Nevermind the fact that some of us have $200,000 in student loans. Glassdoor is garbage! I don’t know where they get their statistics. Just because one particular pharmacist makes $126,438 per year doesn’t mean that all those jobs are plentiful.

Reactions: 1 users
That article is very misleading and is an absolute joke. “Healthcare pays off-literally.” Nevermind the fact that some of us have $200,000 in student loans. Glassdoor is garbage! I don’t know where they get their statistics. Just because one particular pharmacist makes $126,438 per year doesn’t mean that all those jobs are plentiful.

It’s such a garbage stat and doesn’t take into account so many things. And to top it off it’s an average. I’d love to see the numbers broken down and a debt to income ratio.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn’t even look at how many pharmacists in the work force are actually working full time, part time, or still looking for a job.

I mean, BLS lists the median pharmacist salary right around there too. From what I know my more experienced peers make that's not far off from the average in my location.

The article does only talk about salary, not job growth but I don't think you can really make an argument that it's wrong.

Reactions: 2 users
I mean, BLS lists the median pharmacist salary right around there too. From what I know my more experienced peers make that's not far off from the average in my location.

The article does only talk about salary, not job growth but I don't think you can really make an argument that it's wrong.
You can’t say that they’re exactly right either. They fail to examine reality. Rather than just average in the salaries of full time pharmacists, why not average in all pharmacists including those who are working part time or not working at all?

You can’t say that they’re exactly right either. They fail to examine reality. Rather than just average in the salaries of full time pharmacists, why not average in all pharmacists including those who are working part time or not working at all?

Because that would make a terrible article?

And really, do any job articles average in the wages of unemployed people? And how would they anyway? And why would they? It would make more sense to just list the unemployment data but again that would not make for a very "good" article in the click-bate sense.

More fodder for the pill mills to feed prepharms.

"A pharmacist counts prescription drugs at the at the CentreTown Pharmacy in Ottawa". Great proofreading!

Why do these stupid lists always separate pharmacist and pharmacy manager as separate professions, yet lump all physicians into one category? If pharmacist and pharmacy manager are separate then they need to separate cardiologist, dermatologist, anesthesiologist, opthalmologist etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Pretty sure CRNA's make more than us.

Pham makes more than everyone but doctors and dentists. more than lawyers, engineers, PA, NP, industry managers.

Looks like the prepharm pipeline will be strong for many years to come with more schools opening up

Pham makes more than everyone but doctors and dentists. more than lawyers, engineers, PA, NP, industry managers.

Looks like the prepharm pipeline will be strong for many years to come with more schools opening up

Engineers, PAs, NPs, and industry managers now make as much as pharmacists if not more since pharm salaries took a nosedive due to the extreme saturation. There is also the former not having to take out $200k+ in loans and spend an additional 4 years of their lives in school.

Schools and news articles will continue to use the salaries from 2017 and before to mislead prospective students.

Engineers, PAs, NPs, and industry managers now make as much as pharmacists if not more since pharm salaries took a nosedive due to the extreme saturation. There is also the former not having to take out $200k+ in loans and spend an additional 4 years of their lives in school.

Schools and news articles will continue to use the salaries from 2017 and before to mislead prospective students.
Well. depending on the location, over the past 2 years, annual salary of a FT pharmacist only dropped by around 10k depending on the chain so even if they use the updated salaries, it won't dissuade new candidates. If they however, include how many of the new grads are unemployed rather than only those who are employed, then it would do some damage. The ones that ARE employed are making a living if they pretend taxes, debt and bills don't exist. Pretty sure those statistics only take into account full-time people rather than those who are part-time so if they included the % of new grads that are stuck in part-time waiting for a full-time position, it would put a real dent into applicants too.

Pretty sure those statistics only take into account full-time people rather than those who are part-time so if they included the % of new grads that are stuck in part-time waiting for a full-time position, it would put a real dent into applicants too.

I doubt it, everyone believes they are the special snowflake who will get the full-time $150,000 job even if nobody else does. Look how many people are still jumping into debt to be lawyers, even though it's been known for 20+ years, there are no jobs for lawyers unless one goes to a top 5 school.

the "old timers" like us who made the money for the last 10+ years while it was hot will benefit from this. It will accelerate a market crash/recession and cause the cost of everything to go down. So the plan is , buy a few rental properties on Siesta Key, FL....lol no joke. You know how much passive income you can make from that kind of real-estate? Longboat key would be cool too.....so yeah keep up the good work out there pre-pharms, and keep chasing the dragon.... i already ate your lunch....lol

do a google image search of hospital pharmacists...its ridiculous. Who the hell walks around in the pharmacy with a white coat on and clip board in hand? I dont own either of those things....i do own some $30 cherokee scrubs though

I doubt it, everyone believes they are the special snowflake who will get the full-time $150,000 job even if nobody else does. Look how many people are still jumping into debt to be lawyers, even though it's been known for 20+ years, there are no jobs for lawyers unless one goes to a top 5 school.

I know 2 women who graduated from a mid tier law school (Univ of San Diego) this year and they each had multiple excellent job offers. As far as I know they are not special snowflakes.