Pharmacy or Med school - I have 2 weeks to decide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gee, you sound pretty wishy washy to me. Gee, why don't I try moving to New York. Didn't like that. I'll try health care and I'm so undecided, that I'll even apply to a field that I have no interest in, pharmacy. I wouldn't be surprised if you joined the ranks of dissatified lawyers in a few years, too. Especially seeing that a lot of lawyers tend to be dissatisfied with their jobs. Why don't you look at the boards for lawyers, such as review.com or infirmation.com. Hope I save you some of your precious time.

Members don't see this ad.

wow hannah--i was following your post a long time ago and kinda forgot about it--law huh? I never would have guessed taht would be your decision :p I just want to say congratulations for going with your true passions and going against what everybody else thought was practical for you. you're going to be happier because of this time you took to really think about things--a lot of people rush into decisions without doing the kind of "wishy washy" introspection that you did (btw I don't think you were being wishy washy at all, just honest) and then regret it later. on a side note, my brother studied hard core sciences for a good part of undergraduate because my parents really pushed him into it--he changed his major later on to poli sci and is now in law school and he loves it! here's a guy who i'd never ever seen crack a book and now he's studying hours and hours a day because he wants to and he's totally enjoying himself. i think any kind of grad school is going to take a big time investment and if you enjoy what you're doing, it'll make it all the less painful. good luck with law school and everything else!!

Congrats on deciding your future Hannah. I think it takes a lot of courage to be able to change your mind among professions and also to change your mind after you've put a lot of time into one (science classes!) I think a lot of people get stuck in something they don't like just because they've already put some time into it. And to all of the people who think she is "wishy-washy"...it's tough to decide, not everyone's made for medicine and it's better for her to change her mind now than to become a miserable physician (yes, there are those as well as unhappy lawyers). :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this a troll or what?? I'm going to med school... no wait, pharmicy... wait again.. It just clicked! I'm going to med school... No wait again I'm going to law school!!! Are people really this undecided? :rolleyes:

Hey Kirk,

For some people it takes a little longer than others to decide what career path best suits them. For me, I didn't finally settle on a career choice until my senior year of college. Some people don't figure out until they are 30 or even 40 years old...so give the guy a break, will ya. Let me guess, you were one of those fortunate babies that knew since you were 2 months old that you wanted to pursue medicine...RIGHT?...that's what I thought... ;)

Racerdude

Nah... I was going to be an astronaut, but I decided last week to go into medicine...
:D