Pharmacy School Admission Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carlyj2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am applying for admission Pharmacy school this February.

I am taking my PCAT in January and am very nervous because standardized tests have not always been my friend.

I have started studying and will try my absolute hardest, but I am just nervous that my score may not be the best. (one school does not require PCAT, the other one does).

If that is true...here are some things from my resume.

Currently have a 3.97 GPA (with only 3 Pre Pharm reqs to go) (the least it could possibly be at time of application is around a 3.8)

I have 165 hours of Pharmacy Volunteer Experience (one school's requirement is at least 60 and the other doesn't have one)

I have about 800 hours of Community service where I helped run and market a summer feeding program for children in my hometown. (Was also a newspaper contributor for this project)

I have two part time jobs and I go to school full time)...In my main part time job I work with an organization that helps increase education access for low income, and/or first generation and/or disabled college students. I have represented my organization and my school at two major conferences (One National/One International) (I was selected by two different boards to attend these conferences). I have served as an Ambassador for Education Access and have networked around the globe to increase access to education for all.

What does everyone think of my chances, if my PCAT score is subpar? ( I am just trying to plan for worst-case scenario) Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You're applying in February? You have good GPA and assuming you will do well on the PCAT, you'll still be applying pretty late and would probably be past the deadline for most schools. I guess it doesn't hurt to try, especially if your top choice schools have later deadlines. However, your best bet is to wait a few more months and apply in June when the new application cycle opens.

You're applying in February? You have good GPA and assuming you will do well on the PCAT, you'll still be applying pretty late and would probably be past the deadline for most schools. I guess it doesn't hurt to try, especially if your top choice schools have later deadlines. However, your best bet is to wait a few more months and apply in June when the new application cycle opens.
Both schools' deadlines are February and that is the only time you can apply to these schools.

Both schools' deadlines are February and that is the only time you can apply to these schools.

If that's the case, then go for it... You should have a good chance with your stellar GPA. Just make sure you meet the minimum PCAT cut-offs for those schools and you should be fine.