• Forums Updates - Thursday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Thursday starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.
  • Seeking Outstanding Advisors
    If you have benefited from an amazing advisor, nominate them for the 2024 Advisor of the Year Award! Accepting nominations now through March 31st.

pharmacy school with low gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmacy studen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone!
My current gpa is 2.94
bio C+, Bio lab B, Gen Chem B, Gen Chm lab B, Gen Chm II B, Gen CHM II lab A, OCHM 1 B, OCHM lab B+, physics I B-, Ochm II A, OCHM II lab A

I have 2 W's and i retook two of my classes. i am doing pretty good this semester and trying really hard to raise my gpa. I think i will probably be at 3.5 gpa when i get done with my prepharmacy requirement. so what are my chances of getting into pharmacy school right now? However, i have about 2 months experience working in a retail pharmacy. Also, during my freshman year of prepharmacy, i shadowed a pharmacist in a hospital setting. . Also, I still have to take pcat. I was wondering if anyone could suggest me any book or classes that are helpful to do well on PCAT. One other thing i am worried about is the interview. I tend to get really nervous and run out of words. how can i prepare for the interview as well.

Thank You!!

Members don't see this ad.

i think the rule of thumb is that you'll get an interview provided you have at least a 3.0 cumm gpa. my pharmcas gpa was a 3.0, i had retaken several courses, and i got a 65% on the pcat =(. i applied to six schools, i got 5 interview offers, i interviewed at 4 schools, i got into 2 of the schools, waitlisted at 1, and wasn't admitted into the 4th. so i think you'll be fine provided you get your gpa to at least a 3.0 and get a decent pcat.

hello everyone!
My current gpa is 2.94
bio C+, Bio lab B, Gen Chem B, Gen Chm lab B, Gen Chm II B, Gen CHM II lab A, OCHM 1 B, OCHM lab B+, physics I B-, Ochm II A, OCHM II lab A

I have 2 W's and i retook two of my classes. i am doing pretty good this semester and trying really hard to raise my gpa. I think i will probably be at 3.5 gpa when i get done with my prepharmacy requirement. so what are my chances of getting into pharmacy school right now? However, i have about 2 months experience working in a retail pharmacy. Also, during my freshman year of prepharmacy, i shadowed a pharmacist in a hospital setting. . Also, I still have to take pcat. I was wondering if anyone could suggest me any book or classes that are helpful to do well on PCAT. One other thing i am worried about is the interview. I tend to get really nervous and run out of words. how can i prepare for the interview as well.

Thank You!!
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=pharmacy

Follow the link for specific interview questions asked by the specific school for which you are appyling. My best suggestion in preparing for an interview is to practice with a friend or family member. Let them ask you the questions and you respond. Practice this several times during the days before the interview (it really works!!). It will get you comfortable answering the questions and when you go to the actual interview, you will not be as nervous! Answer honestly and be yourself and you will do fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
i think the rule of thumb is that you'll get an interview provided you have at least a 3.0 cumm gpa. my pharmcas gpa was a 3.0, i had retaken several courses, and i got a 65% on the pcat =(. i applied to six schools, i got 5 interview offers, i interviewed at 4 schools, i got into 2 of the schools, waitlisted at 1, and wasn't admitted into the 4th. so i think you'll be fine provided you get your gpa to at least a 3.0 and get a decent pcat.

pheww!! Thanks for replying!! you made my day :):) people have been discouraging that my gpa is too low to apply to pharmacy school:(. May i ask which five schools did you apply to? Also, did you had any experience working in a pharmacy when you applied?

My current gpa is 2.94

That's EXACTLY what my GPA is, and I got in. :) I also had a pretty solid PCAT though (82), a bachelors, and over a year of full-time tech experience. I'm assuming you are only a year or two into undergrad since you said you can bring it back up to a 3.5 after your prereqs are done. I'd make sure to get it there and do well on the PCAT and you should be okay. I used a Kaplan PCAT study guide from a few years ago, but I didn't think it helped very well because the practice questions were much easier than what I saw on the exam. A newer version will probably be better though.

There is a What are my Chances thread for questions just like this, which you have already posted in. Please refrain from posting the same question in multiple threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.