Pharmacy schools getting more competitive and exclusive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i don't know about this article, people still have no idea was a PharmD is. People still ask me if I'm going into pharmaceutical sales literally EVERY TIME I TELL THEM THAT I'M GETTIG A PharmD... it's so annoying!

why don't pharmacists have any lobbying power?

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know about this article, people still have no idea was a PharmD is. People still ask me if I'm going into pharmaceutical sales literally EVERY TIME I TELL THEM THAT I'M GETTIG A PharmD... it's so annoying!

why don't pharmacists have any lobbying power?

Most are nerds ? :luck:

if pharmacy schools are getting more competitive, i would hate to see how uncompetitive they were 5 years ago....

pharmacy schools are getting more competitive, but a pharmacist's role and responsibilities are also expanding. i guess it balances out?

if pharmacy schools are getting more competitive, i would hate to see how uncompetitive they were 5 years ago....
No offense but Toledo's pharmacy program states that the average gpa of accepted students is a 3.85, and 95% of their acceptances come from Toledo's pre-pharm. So yes, pretty much everyone does get A's there.

From a global standpoint, its a very true statement.

I wish I applied 10 years ago, maybe I wouldn't have had to try so hard....jk jk.

gotta go to toledo to get into toledo. its ~500 ppl in their prepharm, only 105 get into pharmD. Not everyone gets A's

No offense but Toledo's pharmacy program states that the average gpa of accepted students is a 3.85, and 95% of their acceptances come from Toledo's pre-pharm. So yes, pretty much everyone does get A's there.

From a global standpoint, its a very true statement.

I wish I applied 10 years ago, maybe I wouldn't have had to try so hard....jk jk.

it only gets harder, i cant imagine what it will be like 5 years from now

Yeah no kidding! I talked with a guy who graduated this year from the school I'm applying to and he said he practically walked in.

I feel like current applicants like me are among the first wave of an explosion in the field (...which is why I'm hoping to get in before it's tooo competitive!) I think pharmacy is still a relatively "unknown" field, but its growing rapidly and it would not surprise me to see the field as popular as nursing, medicine, etc. in the next 5-10 years.