pharmacy schools in caribean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UT8305

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, like med schools in the caribean, are there any pharmacy school's in the caribean that are worth going to if pharmacy schools here don't accept you?

Members don't see this ad.

hey, like med schools in the caribean, are there any pharmacy school's in the caribean that are worth going to if pharmacy schools here don't accept you?

Nope, but if there were, I'd be there in a heartbeat. You can't practice pharmacy in the US with a foreign degree unless the company you work for goes through all kinds of hoops and pays a truckload of cash to get you here. The tough thing would be to actually study instead of hitting the beach or going SCUBA diving! :D

there is a school in puerto rico and it is accredited by acpe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, but if there were, I'd be there in a heartbeat. You can't practice pharmacy in the US with a foreign degree unless the company you work for goes through all kinds of hoops and pays a truckload of cash to get you here. The tough thing would be to actually study instead of hitting the beach or going SCUBA diving! :D

You can work in the US with a foreign degree, you just have to study and pass the national and state tests. I know many people who have done this.

You can work in the US with a foreign degree, you just have to study and pass the national and state tests. I know many people who have done this.

I didn't say it wasn't possible, just that it was more difficult to get a job with a foreign pharmacy degree. Plus, there's a cap on the number of people allowed to work in the US with a foreign pharmacy degree. This protects OUR jobs, sort of like a tariff.

so would you say that going to a school in the UK is a bad idea, because i've been thinking about going there for pharmacy school, and i have friends that go there too, did they make a mistake?

so would you say that going to a school in the UK is a bad idea, because i've been thinking about going there for pharmacy school, and i have friends that go there too, did they make a mistake?

They didn't particularly make a mistake if they want to work in the UK. If they want to come back here with it, from what I have been told, it will just be a little more difficult. The big obvious hurdle is, you won't get taught any of the US and state law as it applies to pharmacy and that's one of the tests you have to pass to get licensed.

Why did they decide to go to the UK instead? Just curious if it's easier to get in or what.

well all i know if that i had one friend who went to Ferris State (Michigan), which has a pharmacy school, and he was doing pre-pharmacy there but he didnt get into his school or any others that he applied too, but he applied to the UK for saftey and apparently he got in. I wish i knew what school he went to but there are a handful of pharmacy schools and i've read alot of news articles about them, how they are on the breaking edge of pharmaceutical research and technology and all, especially University of Reading, their website isn't too impressive, but I watched a BBC news report on them and apparently they have a pretty good program over there.

Something I just though of, how much would it cost to go to pharm school in the UK and how would you pay for it? Is there a Brit version of the FAFSA that we could fill out to apply for aid?